DOVU, the global marketplace for transport data, announces its token sale, scheduled for 3 Oct, 2017. The project aims to create a distributed marketplace for the give and take of transport-related APIs, fuelled by the DOV token.
DOVU is pioneering a digital economy for the mobility sector. At the moment, transport data is difficult to obtain, holding back insight and progress for the industry. Now, by using blockchain technology, DOVU is providing trust through transparency for data providers, whether corporates or individuals, while opening up the availability of quality data sets for public and enterprise use. The DOVU system works by creating a distributed marketplace for transport data. Vehicle Hire, Insurance Companies, Ride-sharing and others across the mobility sector can connect to DOVU to create a giant network of transport-related data resources.
“The transport sector knows where it wants to go with real time data and smart technology but doesn’t know how to get there! DOVU is the missing piece of the puzzle – an on-ramp for fast, secure and global data sharing for everybody.”
The DOVU platform allows users to mix and match mobility service data, maximizing data value and utility. For example, you could combine car data with insurance data to calculate smarter policies, or use geolocation data in conjunction with weather statistics to inform ride-hailing companies.
Blockchain not only unlocks opportunities for businesses, such as data monetisation and utilisation, but also for individuals, who can be rewarded for their data contributions to the ecosystem. The DOV token is at the core of the network, an access and permissions token central to the process of seamless payment across all mobility services. The platform will also ensure the quality of data available, by having a built-in reward system for positive contributors to the DOVU ecosystem. This allows developers to discover, test, evaluate and combine APIs with unprecedented ease and trust.
The core team consists of entrepreneurs, data and cloud computing experts, blockchain developers, business consultants, and marketers. DOVU is led by Co-founder and CEO Irfon Watkins, Co-Founder and CMO Arwen Smit, and Co-founder and COO Krasina Mileva.
Watkins, explaining the team and the platform’s strengths said,
“There is an urgent need for practical uses of blockchain technology to bring it to the masses. Leveraging blockchain technology for mobility solutions has broad market appeal. Blockchain will make sure everybody will be fairly rewarded for their contribution to the mobility ecosystem.”
DOVU has been under development since 2016. The DOVU platform is currently in closed beta, and its MVP is scheduled for launch in Q4, 2017. Crowdsale participants can contribute in ETH to become eligible for DOV tokens, the native currency for the DOVU market network.
The CEO will be presenting DOVU at When Blockchain Meets Mobility at the Gherkin in London on the 29th of August. The panel will be chaired by Mike Butcher, editor-at-large at TechCrunch.
The upcoming DOVU token sale opens on 3 Oct (1700 UTC) and will run until 31 Oct, 2017 with a 20% bonus for early investors.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020