DOVU, the global marketplace for transport data, announces its token sale, scheduled for 3 Oct, 2017. The project aims to create a distributed marketplace for the give and take of transport-related APIs, fuelled by the DOV token.
DOVU is pioneering a digital economy for the mobility sector. At the moment, transport data is difficult to obtain, holding back insight and progress for the industry. Now, by using blockchain technology, DOVU is providing trust through transparency for data providers, whether corporates or individuals, while opening up the availability of quality data sets for public and enterprise use. The DOVU system works by creating a distributed marketplace for transport data. Vehicle Hire, Insurance Companies, Ride-sharing and others across the mobility sector can connect to DOVU to create a giant network of transport-related data resources.
“The transport sector knows where it wants to go with real time data and smart technology but doesn’t know how to get there! DOVU is the missing piece of the puzzle – an on-ramp for fast, secure and global data sharing for everybody.”
The DOVU platform allows users to mix and match mobility service data, maximizing data value and utility. For example, you could combine car data with insurance data to calculate smarter policies, or use geolocation data in conjunction with weather statistics to inform ride-hailing companies.
Blockchain not only unlocks opportunities for businesses, such as data monetisation and utilisation, but also for individuals, who can be rewarded for their data contributions to the ecosystem. The DOV token is at the core of the network, an access and permissions token central to the process of seamless payment across all mobility services. The platform will also ensure the quality of data available, by having a built-in reward system for positive contributors to the DOVU ecosystem. This allows developers to discover, test, evaluate and combine APIs with unprecedented ease and trust.
The core team consists of entrepreneurs, data and cloud computing experts, blockchain developers, business consultants, and marketers. DOVU is led by Co-founder and CEO Irfon Watkins, Co-Founder and CMO Arwen Smit, and Co-founder and COO Krasina Mileva.
Watkins, explaining the team and the platform’s strengths said,
“There is an urgent need for practical uses of blockchain technology to bring it to the masses. Leveraging blockchain technology for mobility solutions has broad market appeal. Blockchain will make sure everybody will be fairly rewarded for their contribution to the mobility ecosystem.”
DOVU has been under development since 2016. The DOVU platform is currently in closed beta, and its MVP is scheduled for launch in Q4, 2017. Crowdsale participants can contribute in ETH to become eligible for DOV tokens, the native currency for the DOVU market network.
The CEO will be presenting DOVU at When Blockchain Meets Mobility at the Gherkin in London on the 29th of August. The panel will be chaired by Mike Butcher, editor-at-large at TechCrunch.
The upcoming DOVU token sale opens on 3 Oct (1700 UTC) and will run until 31 Oct, 2017 with a 20% bonus for early investors.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020