DOVU, the global marketplace for transport data, announces its token sale, scheduled for 3 Oct, 2017. The project aims to create a distributed marketplace for the give and take of transport-related APIs, fuelled by the DOV token.
DOVU is pioneering a digital economy for the mobility sector. At the moment, transport data is difficult to obtain, holding back insight and progress for the industry. Now, by using blockchain technology, DOVU is providing trust through transparency for data providers, whether corporates or individuals, while opening up the availability of quality data sets for public and enterprise use. The DOVU system works by creating a distributed marketplace for transport data. Vehicle Hire, Insurance Companies, Ride-sharing and others across the mobility sector can connect to DOVU to create a giant network of transport-related data resources.
“The transport sector knows where it wants to go with real time data and smart technology but doesn’t know how to get there! DOVU is the missing piece of the puzzle – an on-ramp for fast, secure and global data sharing for everybody.”
The DOVU platform allows users to mix and match mobility service data, maximizing data value and utility. For example, you could combine car data with insurance data to calculate smarter policies, or use geolocation data in conjunction with weather statistics to inform ride-hailing companies.
Blockchain not only unlocks opportunities for businesses, such as data monetisation and utilisation, but also for individuals, who can be rewarded for their data contributions to the ecosystem. The DOV token is at the core of the network, an access and permissions token central to the process of seamless payment across all mobility services. The platform will also ensure the quality of data available, by having a built-in reward system for positive contributors to the DOVU ecosystem. This allows developers to discover, test, evaluate and combine APIs with unprecedented ease and trust.
The core team consists of entrepreneurs, data and cloud computing experts, blockchain developers, business consultants, and marketers. DOVU is led by Co-founder and CEO Irfon Watkins, Co-Founder and CMO Arwen Smit, and Co-founder and COO Krasina Mileva.
Watkins, explaining the team and the platform’s strengths said,
“There is an urgent need for practical uses of blockchain technology to bring it to the masses. Leveraging blockchain technology for mobility solutions has broad market appeal. Blockchain will make sure everybody will be fairly rewarded for their contribution to the mobility ecosystem.”
DOVU has been under development since 2016. The DOVU platform is currently in closed beta, and its MVP is scheduled for launch in Q4, 2017. Crowdsale participants can contribute in ETH to become eligible for DOV tokens, the native currency for the DOVU market network.
The CEO will be presenting DOVU at When Blockchain Meets Mobility at the Gherkin in London on the 29th of August. The panel will be chaired by Mike Butcher, editor-at-large at TechCrunch.
The upcoming DOVU token sale opens on 3 Oct (1700 UTC) and will run until 31 Oct, 2017 with a 20% bonus for early investors.
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018