Paragon and IOTA recently announced a partnership aimed at creating a transparent, verifiable database to help the cannabis industry move towards greater legitimacy. By incorporating IOTA’s unique approach to cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology, Paragon hopes to deliver a faster technology with lower fees. Paragon will build a fully verifiable database to track prescriptions, and data on batches of cannabis (such as their farm of origin, or THC levels).
“IOTA is an open platform that can ensure data integrity for free at higher volume than any Blockchain can. Therefore it has natural potential in agritech to secure data about the crop,” IOTA’s Co-Founder David Sønstebø said, “We support Paragon’s efforts to create a legitimized and auditable provenance for agricultural crops.”
The first version of Paragon will be built on the Ethereum Blockchain, as previously announced, and then it will transition to a hybrid with IOTA, with technical assistance provided by the non-profit IOTA Foundation.
Whereas Blockchains rely on every node in the network having a full copy of the database and verifying the data, in IOTA’s distributed ledger, peers keep only the data needed, and transactions are verified by a couple of randomly-selected peers. This lightweight design allows IOTA to process transactions faster than Bitcoin and Ethereum. Currently, IOTA is the fifth largest cryptocurrency, with a market capitalization of over $2.6 billion.
To learn more about Paragon’s plans to revolutionize all things cannabis with Blockchain, read the white paper here. Paragon will sell 100 million ParagonCoins for $1 each from September 15, 2017 through October 16, 2017. ParagonCoin will begin trading on cryptocurrency exchanges in November 2017. To stay up to date with Paragon’s upcoming announcements, join their community Slack channel here.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019