The New York-based Starta Accelerator has announced the launch of an accelerator program, called “Token Rockets”, for startups working with Blockchain technology. The training will culminate in a new crowdsale of cryptographic tokens for each of the startups.
From September 2017, tech startups from the countries of Eastern Europe will be able to implement or develop Blockchain models within their businesses, as well as preparing and conducting a crowdfunding campaign to sell and distribute cryptographic tokens. The program is designed for startups whose business model is either based on or can be improved by Blockchain technology. Starta Accelerator has partnered with the Waves Blockchain Platform for this initiative, as well as the Singapore-based Cross Coin, which has become a partner in cryptocurrency technologies.
“One of the options for developing such startups will be the introduction of tokens into the business model – for example, as a means of settlement between counterparties or participants in the ecosystem. The final part of the program – the token sale – is not only a means of funding startups, but also an opportunity to form a circle of regular users interested in the development of the project and ready to give feedback about the product,” explained Ekaterina Dorozhkina, Head of Starta Accelerator.
“Blockchain technology can improve business processes and disrupt entire branches of the traditional economy. We will see significant progress in the coming years. Raising funds for the development of business in the cryptocurrency sector is another promising area for Blockchain use. According to experts, startups have raised up to $1.2 billion in crowdfunding campaigns in the cryptocurrency market since the beginning of 2017 alone,” adds Sasha Ivanov, founder and CEO of Waves.
The founders of the accelerator have their own experience of this trend. In July 2017, they held a token sale via Cross Coin, raising $5 million from the cryptocurrency markets for investment in Starta Accelerator projects in less than a day. A number of companies, such as Anryze and Cindicator, passed the Starta Acceleration Program in 2017 and also plan to distribute their own tokens. Crowdvouching loan service Suretly, one of Starta”s portfolio companies, has successfully secured funding from the cryptocurrency community. SUR tokens issued by the company will be accepted in Suretly”s mobile application as a guarantee of loan vouching.
More information about the terms of participation in the program is available on the accelerator”s website: http://www.tokenrockets.com/
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020