The New York-based Starta Accelerator has announced the launch of an accelerator program, called “Token Rockets”, for startups working with Blockchain technology. The training will culminate in a new crowdsale of cryptographic tokens for each of the startups.
From September 2017, tech startups from the countries of Eastern Europe will be able to implement or develop Blockchain models within their businesses, as well as preparing and conducting a crowdfunding campaign to sell and distribute cryptographic tokens. The program is designed for startups whose business model is either based on or can be improved by Blockchain technology. Starta Accelerator has partnered with the Waves Blockchain Platform for this initiative, as well as the Singapore-based Cross Coin, which has become a partner in cryptocurrency technologies.
“One of the options for developing such startups will be the introduction of tokens into the business model – for example, as a means of settlement between counterparties or participants in the ecosystem. The final part of the program – the token sale – is not only a means of funding startups, but also an opportunity to form a circle of regular users interested in the development of the project and ready to give feedback about the product,” explained Ekaterina Dorozhkina, Head of Starta Accelerator.
“Blockchain technology can improve business processes and disrupt entire branches of the traditional economy. We will see significant progress in the coming years. Raising funds for the development of business in the cryptocurrency sector is another promising area for Blockchain use. According to experts, startups have raised up to $1.2 billion in crowdfunding campaigns in the cryptocurrency market since the beginning of 2017 alone,” adds Sasha Ivanov, founder and CEO of Waves.
The founders of the accelerator have their own experience of this trend. In July 2017, they held a token sale via Cross Coin, raising $5 million from the cryptocurrency markets for investment in Starta Accelerator projects in less than a day. A number of companies, such as Anryze and Cindicator, passed the Starta Acceleration Program in 2017 and also plan to distribute their own tokens. Crowdvouching loan service Suretly, one of Starta”s portfolio companies, has successfully secured funding from the cryptocurrency community. SUR tokens issued by the company will be accepted in Suretly”s mobile application as a guarantee of loan vouching.
More information about the terms of participation in the program is available on the accelerator”s website: http://www.tokenrockets.com/
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019