This week, representatives of the Russian government, industry, financial institutions and startups gathered together to discuss the future of Blockchain development and implementation in the economy and public sector at the “Blockchain: The New Oil of Russia” conference in Tatarstan.
A swiss delegation at the conference was headed by Søren Fog, the co-founder of the Crypto Valley Association (CVA) and founder of iprotus. He presented to the participants the advantages of Swiss infrastructure for the implementation of Blockchain-based solutions and execution of ICOs.
In his speech, Søren Fog also shared his experience of creating the Blockchain and cryptography ecosystem from scratch: the case of the local meetup group Crypto Valley Forum in the small canton of Zug, which during the course of half a year became a globally recognised association, an international hub of the accumulation of knowledge around Blockchain and crypto projects pulling together stakeholders from all angles.
“I believe that in less than a decade, possibly much less, Blockchain technology will be everywhere. Its implementation into the public sector will have a huge impact on increasing trust from the society to the government, and could facilitate reduction of the level of corruption. And Blockchain-based solutions for industry, especially supply chain, may have a game changing effect of the elimination of counterfeits from the market, inclusion of third world service providers and freeing up immense amounts of working capital bound today in the supply chain, creating a win for particularly developing countries. I’m committed to help the Russian government in the execution of pilot projects in this and other areas”, said Søren Fog after the conference.
During the conference, VEB, Bank of Development (the biggest Russian institute which coordinates developing programs) and Søren Fog agreed to collaborate on implementation of pilot Blockchain-based projects in Russian Federation, and discussed the creation of a joint Swiss-Russian Center of Competences in Blockchain.
Meanwhile, and particularly for this event, the global startups and investors platform InnMind, from which CEO Nelli Orlova also participated in the conference in Kazan, has prepared and released an overview of the implementations of Blockchain-based solutions in industry and public sector, see State of Blockchain: Tokenizing the Economy
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019