This week, representatives of the Russian government, industry, financial institutions and startups gathered together to discuss the future of Blockchain development and implementation in the economy and public sector at the “Blockchain: The New Oil of Russia” conference in Tatarstan.
A swiss delegation at the conference was headed by Søren Fog, the co-founder of the Crypto Valley Association (CVA) and founder of iprotus. He presented to the participants the advantages of Swiss infrastructure for the implementation of Blockchain-based solutions and execution of ICOs.
In his speech, Søren Fog also shared his experience of creating the Blockchain and cryptography ecosystem from scratch: the case of the local meetup group Crypto Valley Forum in the small canton of Zug, which during the course of half a year became a globally recognised association, an international hub of the accumulation of knowledge around Blockchain and crypto projects pulling together stakeholders from all angles.
“I believe that in less than a decade, possibly much less, Blockchain technology will be everywhere. Its implementation into the public sector will have a huge impact on increasing trust from the society to the government, and could facilitate reduction of the level of corruption. And Blockchain-based solutions for industry, especially supply chain, may have a game changing effect of the elimination of counterfeits from the market, inclusion of third world service providers and freeing up immense amounts of working capital bound today in the supply chain, creating a win for particularly developing countries. I’m committed to help the Russian government in the execution of pilot projects in this and other areas”, said Søren Fog after the conference.
During the conference, VEB, Bank of Development (the biggest Russian institute which coordinates developing programs) and Søren Fog agreed to collaborate on implementation of pilot Blockchain-based projects in Russian Federation, and discussed the creation of a joint Swiss-Russian Center of Competences in Blockchain.
Meanwhile, and particularly for this event, the global startups and investors platform InnMind, from which CEO Nelli Orlova also participated in the conference in Kazan, has prepared and released an overview of the implementations of Blockchain-based solutions in industry and public sector, see State of Blockchain: Tokenizing the Economy
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020