Polymath, a securities token platform, say they want to bring trillions of dollars of securities to the Blockchain by making it easy for financial companies to launch their own securities tokens.
The platform, officially launching on October 1, 2017, will serve as a launch pad for companies looking to create and issue securities tokens by automating the complex legal and technical functions of a token sale. Powered by the Blockchain and smart contract technology, Polymath plans to enable digital tokens to represent shares in traditional financial assets like private equity, stocks, debentures, commodities, VC funds, real estate, royalties, and insurance – assets that function far better as tokens.
The CEO of Polymath and globally recognized Blockchain thought leader Trevor Koverko said:
“Polymath is doing to securities tokens what Ethereum did for app tokens. Our mission is to scale an intuitive platform that breaks down the barriers for issuers to launch new securities tokens in the same way ethereum made it easy for developers to launch new app tokens. At a fraction of the cost and time it currently takes to launch a securities token, Polymath-powered issuers will be able to launch custom tokens that can pay dividends, govern management, conduct proxy votes and collect fees – all while complying with global KYC/AML requirements via smart contract technology.”
From creation, to fundraising, to secondary trading, Polymath’s platform guides issuers like ETFs, Venture Capital firms, and investment funds through the entire process of a successful token launch.
“Applying decentralized properties to real world securities is well overdue; they become far more liquid, fundraising is simpler, settlement is instant, transaction fees are negligible and most importantly, every human being on the planet has access to tokens, including the unbanked,” Koverko added.
Of cryptocurrency’s $170 billion USD market worth, only $50 million USD represents the total security token market capitalization. Experts predict this figure will soar to $10 trillion USD by 2027, and Polymath is positioning itself to be the catalyst for this explosive growth.
“Today, securities like equities, bonds and private equity are the foundation of our modern financial system, and they are all stampeding towards the Blockchain. But rather than sprinkle a bit of Blockchain technology on top of outdated infrastructure, we are building an open source, decentralized framework from the ground up that is accessible to any asset owner looking to gain exposure to the booming cryptocurrency industry. So far, the response from the market has been overwhelming, and it’s enabled us to stack our team with the top minds in the industry,” Koverko says.
Polymath’s advisory board includes CEO of Jaxx and Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio; CEO of Litecoin and former COO of Coinbase Charlie Lee; Board Member of the Bitcoin Foundation Bruce Fenton; CEO of ShapeShift Erik Voorhees, and Founder of Tether Craig Sellars.
Polymath aims to become the open-source standard for launching AML/KYC compliant financial securities. Polymath plans to announce its first batch of Polymath-powered issuers, which currently include a top Canadian venture capital fund, a leading tech private equity firm and a high yielding Real Estate Investment Trust. Polymath aims to regularly enable the launch of new securities tokens on its proprietary platform.
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019