An Ethereum-based ERC20 token, PROPS will power social participation in digital media and be released in an upcoming Token Distribution Event (TDE) this fall. This announcement, made by YouNow CEO Adi Sideman and SVP of Business Yonatan Sela today at an industry summit in Zurich, also includes Rize, the first application within the PROPS Ecosystem and the first Blockchain-based video platform to reward users, content contributors and developers with cryptocurrency.
The PROPS Ecosystem, governed by a non-profit foundation, is built on the mission of creating a decentralized model for digital media that uses Blockchain technology to fairly reward the contributors that power the network.
PROPS will be hosted on the Ethereum Blockchain and serve as the base utility token for applications within the ecosystem, granting users access to features and content, ability to promote content and signal status within the community, among other uses. Third party application developers, content creators, publishers and end-users will be incentivized to participate in the Ecosystem by earning PROPS.
YouNow CEO, Adi Sideman said:
“A Blockchain-based network offers a unique opportunity to reshape the digital media landscape. And that’s what we’re building: an ecosystem of video applications that is designed to decentralize media and change its disproportionate distribution of value. Over the past few years, individuals who contributed computing power to support Bitcoin and Ethereum, benefited and grew with those networks. Now, social media users can receive rewards for their contribution to the network and get a personal stake in the community they’re building. Over time, the majority of PROPS will be held by the public.”
The first application hosted on the PROPS Ecosystem, Rize is an open video platform that connects new many-to-many video technology with tokenized virtual gameplay and economic incentives for its participants. Elevating the mobile video experience, Rize integrates interactive content streams including live global broadcasts, video streams, and native apps and games designed by the Rize community. The Rize app will be available for download upon Token Distribution to the public.
“Decentralizing and tokenizing digital media is a powerful notion – imagine if the early users of Facebook or Snapchat had a stake in those networks. Historically, Blockchain products have seen limited adoption by mainstream users. The YouNow team was the first to popularize mobile live video in the U.S., and now they stand to introduce cryptocurrencies to the mass market. This might be the first token economy to launch into a community of creators and viewers who already spend and receive virtual items. ” Said David Pakman, Partner at Venrock, a venture capital firm invested in YouNow.
Since 2011, YouNow has been a pioneer in the live streaming video space and the first company to successfully implement a microtransaction-driven two-sided economy within the context of video entertainment, allowing YouNow to reward its content creators. Over the past three years, YouNow generated over $50 million in virtual goods sales and shared the majority of its earnings with its content creators.
YouNow is a live social network that enables audiences and creators to connect in real time, and is devoted to the unlimited potential of human creativity. The interactive entertainment platform has over 40 million registered users and 60,000 transactions per day in its digital goods economy. YouNow is committed to creating a community that is a safe place where people can meet, get together and connect. YouNow is backed by Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Ze’ev Ventures and Comcast Ventures.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019