Leverj, a decentralized platform for cryptocurrency derivatives trading, which is supported by ConsenSys, the world’s largest Blockchain venture studio – plans to unveil its highly anticipated platform to traders interested in leveraged cryptocurrency trading.
The Seychelles-based project will enable users to place and manage positions on digital currencies, as well as futures on major equities indices and single stock futures, all in a decentralized way.
Counterparty and custodial risks associated with current cryptocurrency trading will be significantly mitigated while reducing latency and settlement times. The Leverj platform will be built on the Ethereum platform and powered by sophisticated smart contracts.
Leverj CEO Bharath Rao, a former Wall Street and GE Research veteran, said:
“Enabling exposure to the top cryptocurrencies using only ether as the currency of settlement is an important market need. The ability to get exposure to the top tokens without the need to manage multiple wallets is highly appealing for speculation and hedging. The Leverj platform eliminates security issues with wallets and nodes of new tokens. Based on our research and customer demand, we have developed a modular, easy-to-use UX with trustworthy, reliable APIs that will make the exchange appeal to all traders. We expect to see ample migration from users of centralized exchanges.”
The derivatives market is the largest market in the world, estimated to be worth $1.2 Quadrillion USD and growing at 30% per year. Cryptocurrency has grown by 10x in 2017, and Leverj will provide instant and easy access to both markets through its platform at a crucial time for the industry.
“Previous efforts to establish markets for leveraged cryptocurrency derivatives have focused on centralized exchanges, which traders must fully trust to custody their funds. In an environment where even the biggest and most security-conscious exchanges experience loss of funds through hacks, a focus on security using the original principles of bitcoin and decentralized financial systems becomes more important than ever,” said Rao.
Leverj will offer stops and enhanced reporting, including historical trading information about top cryptocurrencies sourced from Brave New Coin, along with simulated trades, trade replays, and peer subscriptions to gain insight from highly skilled traders.
ConsenSys, a globally recognized leader in Blockchain technology, will serve as a technical advisor to Leverj and support the project’s forthcoming token launch. Employing top experts in smart contracts, token design, and cryptographic security, ConsenSys brings deep experience building software on the Ethereum platform, which was co-founded by the firm’s founder, Joseph Lubin.
“As a global leader in Blockchain technology, ConsenSys is committed to building software that helps expand the ecosystem around Ethereum, the most advanced Blockchain platform powered by the world’s largest developer community. In this spirit we are proud to support Leverj, which promises to make significant strides toward this goal by improving security and usability in trading,” said ConsenSys founder Joseph Lubin.
CEO and Founder Bharath Rao has a strong background in Wall Street investment banking, serving in roles with increasing levels of responsibility at bulge bracket banks including J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, and Credit Suisse, as a software engineer supporting trading desks, reporting, research, foreign exchange, and equities.
“In the past, decentralized exchanges have been more concerned with academic discovery and protocol research while generally ignoring the quality of the user’s experience. Leverj stresses the importance of usability. To that end, we aim to create a stable platform with liquid markets, reliable stops, no slippage, and provable compliance, security and privacy. We are incredibly proud to launch an unprecedented product that will have a profoundly positive impact on the rapidly growing cryptocurrency trading space,” said Rao.
More information about Leverj is available at https://leverj.io/.
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020