INS, a new global project by the founders of Instamart grocery delivery service, today announced the initiative to build a decentralized grocery shopping ecosystem based on blockchain technology. Having declared the non-binding memoranda of understanding with Unilever – a leading FMCG company – INS plans to raise 210K ETH during a 2-staged Token Sale process: Pre-ICO starting on October 16th, 2017 and ICO starting on November 20th, 2017.
INS is disrupting the largest consumer retail market in the world. According to Persistent Market Research, the global grocery market will grow to $8.5 trln in 2020. Online sales of groceries are expected to reach over $300B by 2020.
“Grocery industry in its current shape is inefficient and controlled by retailers. For example, in the UK there are over 7,000 manufacturers and 25 million of households dependent on 4 key grocery retailers controlling 76% of the market. INS will adopt blockchain to cut the middleman – wholesalers and retail stores – to help consumers save up to 30% on grocery shopping,” says Peter Fedchenkov, INS co-founder and CEO.
INS Ecosystem Benefits
INS builds a scalable blockchain-based platform enabling consumers to buy groceries directly from manufacturers. Online decentralized platform powered by a self-regulated community of shoppers and suppliers eliminates the retailers from the purchase process. Smart contracts help both parts to facilitate trade and reduce risks and costs.
Any manufacturer can list and sell products, gain customer feedback, and reward loyal shoppers. The first memoranda of understanding is signed with Unilever – one of the world’s leaders in FMCG. In addition to savings for customers, INS will put manufacturers in full control of product pricing and listing.
Platform building roadmap runs through 2018 and aims to be completed by the end of Q3 2018. In future, the INS ecosystem will be deployed in the largest global cities.
ICO and INS Tokens
The INS token holders will receive exclusive benefits in the ecosystem. The INS token is designed to facilitate promotion, loyalty and reward campaigns, and can also be used as a means of payment in the ecosystem. A total supply is limited to 150,000,000 tokens, of which 90,000,000 will be offered to token sale contributors.
The token sale will be held in 2 stages following the World Blockchain Forum in London. Pre-ICO will run from October 16th, with ICO scheduled to start on November 20th, 2017. Token buyers can use BTC, ETH, altcoins, or wire transfers to complete the purchase.
Team and Advisors
INS is developed by 35-strong team. The project is co-founded by Peter Fedchenkov (CEO) who brings expertise in retail and technology, and Dmitry Zhulin (Strategy), a venture capital and private equity professional with focus on e-commerce. The team has previously founded Instamart – the largest venture-backed online grocery delivery service in Russia with over $10M of VC funding.
INS is advised by the world-class leaders in blockchain, retail and tech. Ilya Yakubson, ex-president of Dixy (#4 grocery retail chain in Russia), Dmitry Khovratovich, recognized expert in blockchain and cryptosecurity, Sergey Solonin, CEO of Nasdaq-listed Qiwi payment service provider, and Prabhakar Reddy, a serial entrepreneur and investor already joined the INS advisory board.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020