Polymath, the first-ever securities token launch pad, has announced the formation of a star-studded advisory board to steer the company through its fall launch, support platform development, and prioritize business partnerships with traditional financial companies planning to tokenize securities.
Powered by the Blockchain and smart contract technology, Polymath enables digital tokens to represent shares in traditional financial assets like private equity, stocks, debentures, commodities, VC funds, real estate, royalties, and insurance – assets that function far better as tokens.
The advisory board includes Chairman of Factom David Johnston, CEO of Jaxx Anthony Di Iorio, Bitcoin Foundation’s Bruce Fenton, CEO of ShapeShift Erik Voorhees, Co-Founder of Ethereum Steven Nerayoff, Chief Information Security Officer at ShapeShift Michael Perklin, Co-Founder & President at Blockchain Nic Cary, CEO of BraveNewCoin Fran Strajnar, Co-Founder of Bloq and Tally Matthew Roszak, Founder of NextBlock Global and author of “Blockchain Revolution” Alex Tapscott, Gary Rubinoff of Summerhill Ventures and renowned Blockchain law firm Perkins Coie LLP.
CEO of Polymath Trevor Koverko said:
“We have assembled some of the greatest minds in fintech, and we’ve needed to, because our project is the first of its kind. Our mission is to unlock the multi trillion dollar securities industry stampeding towards the Blockchain. Polymath is a decentralized platform where businesses launch compliant securities tokens and global investors can access them instantly and add them to their portfolio. Polymath will regularly launch new securities tokens while creating an oasis of liquidity within the platform.”
“Currently, there are up to 10 new tokens launching everyday and many of them will be deemed securities. The companies launching these tokens need access to investor capital and assistance in navigating the complex legal and technical functions of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), and their regulatory requirements. Polymath is guiding traditional financial companies like VC funds, Private Equity firms, and Real Investment Investment Trusts through a securities token generation process by automating key functions for them.”
Polymath will begin work with three companies as its first token issuers. MoNage Ventures, led by VOIP pioneer Jeff Pulver, Skyline Capital, a Toronto based REIT, and Canadian PE firm Digital Assets International are all confirmed for launches using Polymath’s platform in Q4.
To transform the legal phase of a securities token sale, Polymath is also launching an entirely decentralized, crowdsourced repository for legal counsel and regulatory guidance, where lawyers and Blockchain professionals can contribute to,and be rewarded for, flagging and updating the evolving global securities regulations.
“This legal delegate system hasn’t been done before, and it will essentially be a GitHub for lawyers, legal professionals and global regulators. We’re constantly in contact with policy makers and encourage open discourse with them because with a technology so novel, so disruptive, and so revolutionary, we need to write the rule book collaboratively,” Koverko said.
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019