Polymath, the first-ever securities token launch pad, has announced the formation of a star-studded advisory board to steer the company through its fall launch, support platform development, and prioritize business partnerships with traditional financial companies planning to tokenize securities.
Powered by the Blockchain and smart contract technology, Polymath enables digital tokens to represent shares in traditional financial assets like private equity, stocks, debentures, commodities, VC funds, real estate, royalties, and insurance – assets that function far better as tokens.
The advisory board includes Chairman of Factom David Johnston, CEO of Jaxx Anthony Di Iorio, Bitcoin Foundation’s Bruce Fenton, CEO of ShapeShift Erik Voorhees, Co-Founder of Ethereum Steven Nerayoff, Chief Information Security Officer at ShapeShift Michael Perklin, Co-Founder & President at Blockchain Nic Cary, CEO of BraveNewCoin Fran Strajnar, Co-Founder of Bloq and Tally Matthew Roszak, Founder of NextBlock Global and author of “Blockchain Revolution” Alex Tapscott, Gary Rubinoff of Summerhill Ventures and renowned Blockchain law firm Perkins Coie LLP.
CEO of Polymath Trevor Koverko said:
“We have assembled some of the greatest minds in fintech, and we’ve needed to, because our project is the first of its kind. Our mission is to unlock the multi trillion dollar securities industry stampeding towards the Blockchain. Polymath is a decentralized platform where businesses launch compliant securities tokens and global investors can access them instantly and add them to their portfolio. Polymath will regularly launch new securities tokens while creating an oasis of liquidity within the platform.”
“Currently, there are up to 10 new tokens launching everyday and many of them will be deemed securities. The companies launching these tokens need access to investor capital and assistance in navigating the complex legal and technical functions of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), and their regulatory requirements. Polymath is guiding traditional financial companies like VC funds, Private Equity firms, and Real Investment Investment Trusts through a securities token generation process by automating key functions for them.”
Polymath will begin work with three companies as its first token issuers. MoNage Ventures, led by VOIP pioneer Jeff Pulver, Skyline Capital, a Toronto based REIT, and Canadian PE firm Digital Assets International are all confirmed for launches using Polymath’s platform in Q4.
To transform the legal phase of a securities token sale, Polymath is also launching an entirely decentralized, crowdsourced repository for legal counsel and regulatory guidance, where lawyers and Blockchain professionals can contribute to,and be rewarded for, flagging and updating the evolving global securities regulations.
“This legal delegate system hasn’t been done before, and it will essentially be a GitHub for lawyers, legal professionals and global regulators. We’re constantly in contact with policy makers and encourage open discourse with them because with a technology so novel, so disruptive, and so revolutionary, we need to write the rule book collaboratively,” Koverko said.
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020