Polymath, the first-ever securities token launch pad, has announced the formation of a star-studded advisory board to steer the company through its fall launch, support platform development, and prioritize business partnerships with traditional financial companies planning to tokenize securities.
Powered by the Blockchain and smart contract technology, Polymath enables digital tokens to represent shares in traditional financial assets like private equity, stocks, debentures, commodities, VC funds, real estate, royalties, and insurance – assets that function far better as tokens.
The advisory board includes Chairman of Factom David Johnston, CEO of Jaxx Anthony Di Iorio, Bitcoin Foundation’s Bruce Fenton, CEO of ShapeShift Erik Voorhees, Co-Founder of Ethereum Steven Nerayoff, Chief Information Security Officer at ShapeShift Michael Perklin, Co-Founder & President at Blockchain Nic Cary, CEO of BraveNewCoin Fran Strajnar, Co-Founder of Bloq and Tally Matthew Roszak, Founder of NextBlock Global and author of “Blockchain Revolution” Alex Tapscott, Gary Rubinoff of Summerhill Ventures and renowned Blockchain law firm Perkins Coie LLP.
CEO of Polymath Trevor Koverko said:
“We have assembled some of the greatest minds in fintech, and we’ve needed to, because our project is the first of its kind. Our mission is to unlock the multi trillion dollar securities industry stampeding towards the Blockchain. Polymath is a decentralized platform where businesses launch compliant securities tokens and global investors can access them instantly and add them to their portfolio. Polymath will regularly launch new securities tokens while creating an oasis of liquidity within the platform.”
“Currently, there are up to 10 new tokens launching everyday and many of them will be deemed securities. The companies launching these tokens need access to investor capital and assistance in navigating the complex legal and technical functions of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), and their regulatory requirements. Polymath is guiding traditional financial companies like VC funds, Private Equity firms, and Real Investment Investment Trusts through a securities token generation process by automating key functions for them.”
Polymath will begin work with three companies as its first token issuers. MoNage Ventures, led by VOIP pioneer Jeff Pulver, Skyline Capital, a Toronto based REIT, and Canadian PE firm Digital Assets International are all confirmed for launches using Polymath’s platform in Q4.
To transform the legal phase of a securities token sale, Polymath is also launching an entirely decentralized, crowdsourced repository for legal counsel and regulatory guidance, where lawyers and Blockchain professionals can contribute to,and be rewarded for, flagging and updating the evolving global securities regulations.
“This legal delegate system hasn’t been done before, and it will essentially be a GitHub for lawyers, legal professionals and global regulators. We’re constantly in contact with policy makers and encourage open discourse with them because with a technology so novel, so disruptive, and so revolutionary, we need to write the rule book collaboratively,” Koverko said.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019