Bank Aljazira in its continued effort to provide its clients with outstanding services while protecting clients information to prevent fraud, is working on the first of its kind use case in the region using the Blockchain based identity management from ShoCard in partnership with its local partner Ateon and SettleMint.
The project starts with a Blockchain-based solutions; which utilizes BAJ’s existing digital channels (online banking website and mobile app). No longer would bank clients need to remember passwords or type SMS codes. No customer data is transmitted over the Internet; nor any private information is stored on any computer. The solution provides users with true security and privacy.
Expected benefits of the system once deployed are:
- Reduce cost and duplication for identity management
- Reduce fraud (a borrower can no longer take a loan against the same asset from multiple banks)
- Allow for the exchange of customer information: data on wire transfers and investigatory reports (Suspicious Activity Reports).
- Improve management of AML
- Improve customers satisfaction
The same solution could be extended to replace bank cards for clients when transacting or withdrawing money from an ATM machine. Unlike NFC based solutions, there is no data to be sniffed by nearby thieves.
ShoCard is the most prominent name in the Blockchain identity space with an open-patent portfolio. It has existing, large-scale clients in the airline industry including SITA and two other major airlines. Also, ShoCard has production partnerships with Credit-Info, one of the largest credit-card networks in the world, as well as other major financial institutions.
Bank Aljazira – established in 1976 – is a prominent Islamic Bank in Saudi Arabia and continues to take a leading position in Digital Banking and Fintech development.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019