Binary.com, a pioneer in online binary options trading, has just announced it will be performing an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) that gives potential investors an opportunity to invest in the company’s future. Binary.com is offering up to 10 million digital tokens through its ICO – all of which will be available through an open auction on its website.
By purchasing the tokens, investors are granted exclusive token holder rights. These rights entitle them to receive payments equivalent to shareholder dividends, as well as convert tokens into ordinary shares.
“The next step for a company of our size is naturally to go public by means of an Initial Public Offering (IPO). However, an IPO in itself is a cumbersome process that’s remained relatively unchanged for decades. Some would say it’s ripe for disruption,” says Binary.com Founder & CEO, Jean-Yves Sireau.
“By opting for the ICO route –– a kind of ‘IPO on the blockchain’ –– we can go beyond the limitations of a traditional IPO. We get a wider reach of potential investors, lower costs of trading and an immutable audit trail of transactions on the blockchain. Through the ICO, we can also establish our trading services among the cryptocurrency community, which is a prime target demographic for our platform,” adds Sireau.
Binary.com’s ICO, or token sale, will be conducted through an electronic Dutch auction process on its website where the price of each token is determined through a bidding process. The ICO is expected to launch in Q4.
In preparation of its ICO, Binary.com enhanced its existing cashier system to support cryptocurrency denominated accounts that allow its clients to deposit, trade and withdraw funds in Bitcoin, Litecoin, and soon Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum. This means that potential investors can also bid on the tokens using these cryptocurrencies.
Binary.com has also reached an agreement to list its tokens post-ICO on the Lykke.com Exchange –– a global cryptocurrency marketplace where various financial instruments can be traded and exchanged against each other, whatever their asset class or transaction size.
The Binary.com ICO is only available to residents of selected countries. In some countries, prospective investors are required to verify their status as qualified or professional investors. The ICO is not available to U.S. investors. To learn more, visit https://ico.binary.com.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019