Prosense.tv, a global leader in broadcasting sporting, cultural and business events in virtual reality (VR) today announced the details of its upcoming initial coin offering (ICO) at the Blockchain Solutions Forum event in Barcelona, Spain. The ICO campaign, which will support the development of ProsenseLive, the world’s first decentralized peer-to-peer (P2P) livestreaming platform for the distribution of VR content, opens to the public on Nov. 3, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. PDT and closes on Dec. 28, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. PST.
Prosense.tv is a well-established Saint Petersburg, Russia-based company founded in 2015, that provides a full range of VR broadcasting services and has successfully produced more than fifty projects for large global brands including Google, Samsung, Ikea and Coca-Cola. With the introduction of ProsenseLive, the company aims to transform broadcast technology from the traditional centralized stack to a decentralized, global peer-to-peer model. Through coordination and economic incentives in a blockchain based protocol, ProsenseLive will offer professional and amature producers of live VR content an affordable distribution solution that is more scalable, resilient to failure and less censored than existing options.
“Over the last five years more than $3.5 billion have been invested in AR/VR technologies and livestreaming in particular is expected to drive a significant amount of growth for this market in the coming years,” said Stan Glukhoedov, chief executive officer of Prosense.tv. “Currently, one of the biggest challenges for streaming live content – and especially live VR content – is the lack of adequate infrastructure to accommodate the massive files and deliver an excellent end-user experience to audiences at scale. ProsenseLive will solve this while also offering content creators greater transparency and a fair distribution of revenue.”
The platform’s P2P architecture leverages the computing resources of the entire ProsenseLive network and enables streaming capacity to grow proportionately with demand. User’s computers interact and connect to form a node, allowing computers to upload and download from one another. Nodes in the network will earn Prosense Token VRP for contributing processing power and bandwidth to process, transcode, encrypt and distribute VR video through the network and for complying with the strict security protocol.
Prosense Token VRP is a secure, internal currency that will be used by viewers to pay providers directly for the live content they want to experience. A percentage of each transaction will go to the associated node owners as added incentive for participation.
As part of its ICO, Prosense.tv will offer 720,000,000 tokens at a base price of $0.10 USD each. Tokens will only be issued during the ICO, any that remain undistributed after close will be eliminated.
For more information about the ICO, ProsenseLive development roadmap and to apply for the Whitelist, visit https://ico.prosense.tv/, or participate in the conversation on Telegram, Medium, Facebook and YouTube.
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019