Prosense.tv, a global leader in broadcasting sporting, cultural and business events in virtual reality (VR) today announced the details of its upcoming initial coin offering (ICO) at the Blockchain Solutions Forum event in Barcelona, Spain. The ICO campaign, which will support the development of ProsenseLive, the world’s first decentralized peer-to-peer (P2P) livestreaming platform for the distribution of VR content, opens to the public on Nov. 3, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. PDT and closes on Dec. 28, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. PST.
Prosense.tv is a well-established Saint Petersburg, Russia-based company founded in 2015, that provides a full range of VR broadcasting services and has successfully produced more than fifty projects for large global brands including Google, Samsung, Ikea and Coca-Cola. With the introduction of ProsenseLive, the company aims to transform broadcast technology from the traditional centralized stack to a decentralized, global peer-to-peer model. Through coordination and economic incentives in a blockchain based protocol, ProsenseLive will offer professional and amature producers of live VR content an affordable distribution solution that is more scalable, resilient to failure and less censored than existing options.
“Over the last five years more than $3.5 billion have been invested in AR/VR technologies and livestreaming in particular is expected to drive a significant amount of growth for this market in the coming years,” said Stan Glukhoedov, chief executive officer of Prosense.tv. “Currently, one of the biggest challenges for streaming live content – and especially live VR content – is the lack of adequate infrastructure to accommodate the massive files and deliver an excellent end-user experience to audiences at scale. ProsenseLive will solve this while also offering content creators greater transparency and a fair distribution of revenue.”
The platform’s P2P architecture leverages the computing resources of the entire ProsenseLive network and enables streaming capacity to grow proportionately with demand. User’s computers interact and connect to form a node, allowing computers to upload and download from one another. Nodes in the network will earn Prosense Token VRP for contributing processing power and bandwidth to process, transcode, encrypt and distribute VR video through the network and for complying with the strict security protocol.
Prosense Token VRP is a secure, internal currency that will be used by viewers to pay providers directly for the live content they want to experience. A percentage of each transaction will go to the associated node owners as added incentive for participation.
As part of its ICO, Prosense.tv will offer 720,000,000 tokens at a base price of $0.10 USD each. Tokens will only be issued during the ICO, any that remain undistributed after close will be eliminated.
For more information about the ICO, ProsenseLive development roadmap and to apply for the Whitelist, visit https://ico.prosense.tv/, or participate in the conversation on Telegram, Medium, Facebook and YouTube.
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019