Prosense.tv, a global leader in broadcasting sporting, cultural and business events in virtual reality (VR) today announced the details of its upcoming initial coin offering (ICO) at the Blockchain Solutions Forum event in Barcelona, Spain. The ICO campaign, which will support the development of ProsenseLive, the world’s first decentralized peer-to-peer (P2P) livestreaming platform for the distribution of VR content, opens to the public on Nov. 3, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. PDT and closes on Dec. 28, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. PST.
Prosense.tv is a well-established Saint Petersburg, Russia-based company founded in 2015, that provides a full range of VR broadcasting services and has successfully produced more than fifty projects for large global brands including Google, Samsung, Ikea and Coca-Cola. With the introduction of ProsenseLive, the company aims to transform broadcast technology from the traditional centralized stack to a decentralized, global peer-to-peer model. Through coordination and economic incentives in a blockchain based protocol, ProsenseLive will offer professional and amature producers of live VR content an affordable distribution solution that is more scalable, resilient to failure and less censored than existing options.
“Over the last five years more than $3.5 billion have been invested in AR/VR technologies and livestreaming in particular is expected to drive a significant amount of growth for this market in the coming years,” said Stan Glukhoedov, chief executive officer of Prosense.tv. “Currently, one of the biggest challenges for streaming live content – and especially live VR content – is the lack of adequate infrastructure to accommodate the massive files and deliver an excellent end-user experience to audiences at scale. ProsenseLive will solve this while also offering content creators greater transparency and a fair distribution of revenue.”
The platform’s P2P architecture leverages the computing resources of the entire ProsenseLive network and enables streaming capacity to grow proportionately with demand. User’s computers interact and connect to form a node, allowing computers to upload and download from one another. Nodes in the network will earn Prosense Token VRP for contributing processing power and bandwidth to process, transcode, encrypt and distribute VR video through the network and for complying with the strict security protocol.
Prosense Token VRP is a secure, internal currency that will be used by viewers to pay providers directly for the live content they want to experience. A percentage of each transaction will go to the associated node owners as added incentive for participation.
As part of its ICO, Prosense.tv will offer 720,000,000 tokens at a base price of $0.10 USD each. Tokens will only be issued during the ICO, any that remain undistributed after close will be eliminated.
For more information about the ICO, ProsenseLive development roadmap and to apply for the Whitelist, visit https://ico.prosense.tv/, or participate in the conversation on Telegram, Medium, Facebook and YouTube.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018