Peer Mountain will officially unveil the world’s first peer to peer self-sovereign identity, compliance and commerce delivery solution, empowering consumers with ownership of their data and control over who they trust to access it without the need for third party involvement.
This new system gives control of personal data back to consumers, automatically eliminating the problems of mass data breaches that occurred earlier this year at Equifax, one of the world’s leading consumer credit rating agencies. By enabling people to “own themselves” and have control of their data across Blockchain, Peer Mountain has built a circular economy of trust where individuals can provide the data they want to share with businesses offering them services.
Through use of the distributed ledger technology behind Blockchain, Peer Mountain will enable rapid consumption of services from businesses on the platform, even when those services are complex and require regulatory compliance.
Peer Mountain’s launch at LendIt ties in with the fact that it expects its first applications to be within financial services, where efficient dossier management, compliance checks and client onboarding are hampered by non-digital and centralised systems.
Peer Mountain has been developed by Jed Grant, the founder and CEO of KYC3. He has been working on the broken trust model of the Internet for several years and is developing the platform in conjunction with a major Swiss financial institution.
Speaking about the launch, Jed said:
“In the wake of the major data breaches that have plagued some of the biggest consumer databases in the world, a new solution that puts control back in the hands of users is required. The distributed and shared ledger behind Blockchain makes this possible and Peer Mountain’s circular economy of trust provides a new platform designed to facilitate commerce.”
Peer Mountain is built as a microservice architecture that is Blockchain-agnostic and storage-agnostic, which makes it flexible and agile. The three main users of the system are Consumers, Enterprises and Attestation Providers, such new services like Civic, classic certificate authorities, and their peers, all working in concert to provide the validation services that allow trust to build up.
Peer Mountain will be free for individual users, who can become more trustworthy by using the system over a longer period of time. Enterprises that want individuals to use their service will pay a fee when individuals consume a service invitation. Attestation Providers will be paid when their validation certificates are used in a trust context.
Peer Mountain will be conducting token sales to support the launch of the platform in November. Of the 1 billion tokens that will be generated, 40% will be sold in the pre-sale and main sale, while 10% will be reserved for project participants.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019