Anyone who has been keeping even a cursory eye on the crypto and Blockchain space for the last couple of years will have seen it undergo a radical transformation. Distributed ledger technology has gone from an interesting technical feature of the cryptocurrency system to a force that will revolutionise industries across the global economy, from central banks to global shipping companies.
This process has been driven in part by the rise in value of cryptocurrencies and the current speculative fever around ICOs, which has seen Blockchain startups raising millions of dollars in funding in mere minutes.
The other primary driver of this change has been the sheer potential scope of Blockchain technology. With the tech having the possibility of impacting so many sectors, it is not surprising that so many important players in the global economy have begun to take an active interest. The World Economic Forum has even called distributed ledgers and smart contracts the foundation of the fourth industrial revolution.
With so much going on, in can hard to keep up with developments in the space. Luckily, the world’s leading Blockchain conference and exhibition, Blockchain Expo is returning to California in November.
And Blockchain News readers can use BLOCK15 discount code to receive 15 per cent off ticket prices!
Taking place in the Santa Clara Convention Center, the heart of Silicon Valley between 29-30 November 2017, the event will see some of the heaviest hitters in the Blockchain space come together to explore how the technology is disrupting the established order in sectors as diverse as healthcare, real estate, energy and government services.
Co-located with IoT Tech Expo and AI Expo, the events are expected to attract close to 10,000 delegates across the two days, making it a fantastic opportunity for networking and learning of technologies on the cusp of disruption.
“After hugely successful events in London and Berlin, we are delighted to bring Blockchain Expo to Silicon Valley this fall,” said Blockchain Expo’s marketing manager, Mark Boyle.
“The Expo provides a brilliant opportunity to learn about the latest in this rapidly developing technology, network with industry leaders, and explore the Valley’s most promising start-ups. The five conference tracks means that there is something for everyone.”
What to look out for:
Blockchain Expo looks to cater for Blockchain professionals, looking to advance their services, as well as those looking for a broad introduction to the technology. The industry as a whole is reaching a critical watershed moment, where it will begin to go from abstract to very, very real in the minds of many business leaders and tech experts.
The recent launch of Corda 1.0 by R3, as well as Hyperledger Fabric 1.0 and Microsoft’s Coco Framework are just a few examples of how distributed ledgers are about to come crashing into the enterprise tech space in a big way.
Confirmed speakers at the Santa Clara span a broad range of industries currently undergoing, and set to undergo, major disruption. These include financial services, healthcare, insurance, energy, music, government, real estate and more.
Jason Kelley of Blockchain leader IBM will offer up an introduction to the potential of Blockchain across multiple industries. Other talks include a case-study from Ian Smith of Gospel, discussing how sensitive data is controlled using Blockchain; and Chris Ballinger of Toyota Research Institute exploring the impact of Blockchain on autonomous vehicles.
Gold and Ultimate pass holders will also be able to attend ICOs and Cryptofinance track, where Initial Coin Offerings are explored by representatives from industry leaders.
Alongside the conference tracks, delegates have the opportunity to explore the exhibition hall and start-up areas, where the likes of IBM, Intuit, Oracle and Bluetooth are exhibiting alongside emerging technologists.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019