The Legolas Exchange has announced they are partnering with Luxembourg based BanQix which will enable Legolas customers to deposit and withdraw both fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies, creating a reliable, scalable and secure deposit and withdrawal system. It will also offer the option to convert fiat currencies into cryptocurrencies, and reciprocally, in large quantities.
To this end, the exchange has secured large deposits in cryptocurrencies and fiat with the bank. In parallel to the expected fiat accounts that European banks can offer, Legolas Exchange customers will have access to accounts in Bitcoin, Ether, and other digital assets. This will serve as protection against any form of eventualities that may not be in any way the fault of customers.
The company is committed to creating a trustworthy, demonstrably fair and bank-backed premium exchange where traders and investors, small and large, can transact without doubting the integrity and robustness of the platform or its order management system.
Legolas Exchange uses Blockchain technology in parallel of every transaction placed, ensuring the inalterability, temporality and transparency of the order book. The Legolas Exchange protocol will neutralize front-running and ensure a fair trading environment.
Limitations of existing crypto exchanges
Most existing exchanges present numerous flaws and limitations. With non-transparent operational systems, capped or slow transactions and the risk of catastrophic losses, only small investors who have no other alternatives are forced to use these exchanges.
Institutional investors who cannot forego these security concerns are locked out of the market and the trillions of dollars it represents.
The lack of guarantees and insurance has seen exchanges decline responsibility of stolen Bitcoins during hacks within their platforms. This has led to the loss of millions of Bitcoins by investors since its creation.
Existing exchanges operate in a login/password paradigm. Even though some “verified account” solutions exist, many traders have been confronted with locked accounts, credential problems and even incorrect balances on their account. Furthermore, most financial institutions are set up in such a way that money managers serve as investment advisors to their investors and are required to follow dual signature rules whereby administrator are signatory to all outside transactions.
An obvious limitation to most existing exchanges is that they create their own rules and require a large degree of trust from investors and traders. Running contrary to many principles of “trust-less” applications, traders who deposit cryptocurrencies and digital assets on exchanges may have no recourse should the exchanges choose to change the rules, keep some bitcoins locked for one reason or another, or even disappear altogether.
Restricted transactions, price manipulation and several other factors also contribute to the limitations of these existing exchanges.
The Legolas solution
To solve these existing problems and offer institutional investors and other large investors the opportunity to hold and manage cryptocurrencies and other digital assets, Legolas is creating a fair and suitable environment.
Decentralized Blockchain technology
The hashing properties of Blockchain technology is implemented in order to determine the place of an order in the orders queue before revealing the contents of the order. Also, the temporality of the orders is strictly respected and the possibility of front running is neutralized.
By engraving all the operations carried out on the Legolas exchange on the Blockchain, the transactions are permanently stored in an immutable format that is traceable and open for audit by the regulator in real-time.
A fast growing market
As predicted by Kay Van-Petersen, an analyst at Saxo Bank, within 10 years, cryptocurrencies will account for 10% of the average daily volume of fiat currency trades, with Bitcoin alone accounting for a 35% share. This translates into 175 billion dollars of bitcoins being traded daily.
This will not happen until major investors who control the bulk of the market begin to participate actively within the crypto ecosystem.
The Legolas exchange is designed to create the perfect atmosphere that will build the confidence of such investors in terms security of investment, transparency of operations and efficiency of service.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017