Publica is building a new ecommerce platform for the publishing ecosystem using the Ethereum Blockchain and smart contracts.
Marc Kenigsberg, founder of BitcoinChaser, also announced his role as Publica’s advisor.
“Blockchain will go down in history as one of the most disruptive technologies of all time,” said Kenigsberg. “Publica’s vision to unite it with printing and the internet, two of humanity’s most disruptive inventions, is brilliant and perfectly timed for this revolution in human history. The Publica platform is going to enable a lot of positive change for many people around the world.”
Publica’s ereader apps, for all common platforms, will do double-duty as digital wallets to make their adoption easy and transparent for the public. The platform is designed to bring the Blockchain revolution to how books are funded, made, publicized, discovered, bought, and read.
Publica will work with Ethereum, standards bodies, and other authorities to extend the Blockchain into publishing. Publica will also support Blockchains in the long tail of publishing derivatives such as movie scripts, games, merchandise, audio books, and periodicals, with the requisite legal frameworks.
Publica’s CEO Josef Marc said:
“The publishing ecosystem is really a global economy of ecommerce unto itself. Book projects are like startups. They can start small and they can grow into sustainable businesses. Entrepreneurial business models and ideas will become the new norm.”
The Ethereum Blockchain plays three roles on the platform, supporting READ, RIGHTS, and PBL tokens. When a book is funded, whether by crowd pre-sales or institutions or by any other means, Publica will write the terms in smart contracts called Book ICO’s. READ tokens are one of the two keys in a public-key / private-key decryption system for reading a book’s digital editions.
When a book’s contents are extended to derivative rights, Publica will write their terms in smart contracts called RIGHTS ICO’s. “We’ll do our best to help the Blockchains get ready for RIGHTS tokens,” said Publica’s CTO Yuri Pimenov.
Publica will issue one billion tokens called PBL, or Pebbles, in an October ICO. According to Marc:
“The publishing economy needs its own digital money because it’s a very long-tail business. Book projects and their contracts outlive people, as do copyrights. Project funds don’t need daily exchanges with local fiat currencies. They’re ‘work money’ with long-running balances. The gig economy and sharing economy are global and they should come into the publishing economy. No local currency should pose a barrier to entry.”
Pebbles will be invisible to the general public. Coin and token exchanges make it simple to present ecommerce in any denomination. Pebbles will be the medium of exchange within the platform’s smart contracts for goods and services. “Publishing’s ecommerce needs mega payments, micropayments, and every size in between. Pebbles are better suited for it than BTC, ETH, READ and RIGHTS tokens, or dollars for that matter,” said Publica’s COO Antons Sapriko.
Publica’s development team is Scandiweb. Their Ethereum ICO experience includes projects with Element Group. As a leading Magento developer, their ecommerce experience includes Walmart, The New York Times, Land Rover, Jaguar and many other leading names.
- Learn more about Publica at – https://publica.io
- Publica Community : https://community.publica.io
- Blog: https://medium.com/publicaio
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Offic
- Twitter :https://twitter.com/PublicaIO
- Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/publi
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019