Publica is building a new ecommerce platform for the publishing ecosystem using the Ethereum Blockchain and smart contracts.
Marc Kenigsberg, founder of BitcoinChaser, also announced his role as Publica’s advisor.
“Blockchain will go down in history as one of the most disruptive technologies of all time,” said Kenigsberg. “Publica’s vision to unite it with printing and the internet, two of humanity’s most disruptive inventions, is brilliant and perfectly timed for this revolution in human history. The Publica platform is going to enable a lot of positive change for many people around the world.”
Publica’s ereader apps, for all common platforms, will do double-duty as digital wallets to make their adoption easy and transparent for the public. The platform is designed to bring the Blockchain revolution to how books are funded, made, publicized, discovered, bought, and read.
Publica will work with Ethereum, standards bodies, and other authorities to extend the Blockchain into publishing. Publica will also support Blockchains in the long tail of publishing derivatives such as movie scripts, games, merchandise, audio books, and periodicals, with the requisite legal frameworks.
Publica’s CEO Josef Marc said:
“The publishing ecosystem is really a global economy of ecommerce unto itself. Book projects are like startups. They can start small and they can grow into sustainable businesses. Entrepreneurial business models and ideas will become the new norm.”
The Ethereum Blockchain plays three roles on the platform, supporting READ, RIGHTS, and PBL tokens. When a book is funded, whether by crowd pre-sales or institutions or by any other means, Publica will write the terms in smart contracts called Book ICO’s. READ tokens are one of the two keys in a public-key / private-key decryption system for reading a book’s digital editions.
When a book’s contents are extended to derivative rights, Publica will write their terms in smart contracts called RIGHTS ICO’s. “We’ll do our best to help the Blockchains get ready for RIGHTS tokens,” said Publica’s CTO Yuri Pimenov.
Publica will issue one billion tokens called PBL, or Pebbles, in an October ICO. According to Marc:
“The publishing economy needs its own digital money because it’s a very long-tail business. Book projects and their contracts outlive people, as do copyrights. Project funds don’t need daily exchanges with local fiat currencies. They’re ‘work money’ with long-running balances. The gig economy and sharing economy are global and they should come into the publishing economy. No local currency should pose a barrier to entry.”
Pebbles will be invisible to the general public. Coin and token exchanges make it simple to present ecommerce in any denomination. Pebbles will be the medium of exchange within the platform’s smart contracts for goods and services. “Publishing’s ecommerce needs mega payments, micropayments, and every size in between. Pebbles are better suited for it than BTC, ETH, READ and RIGHTS tokens, or dollars for that matter,” said Publica’s COO Antons Sapriko.
Publica’s development team is Scandiweb. Their Ethereum ICO experience includes projects with Element Group. As a leading Magento developer, their ecommerce experience includes Walmart, The New York Times, Land Rover, Jaguar and many other leading names.
- Learn more about Publica at – https://publica.io
- Publica Community : https://community.publica.io
- Blog: https://medium.com/publicaio
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Offic
- Twitter :https://twitter.com/PublicaIO
- Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/publi
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019