Ambrosus, the Blockchain-based ecosystem for the supply chain, today announced that former JP Morgan Vice President, Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang, has formally joined as a Project Manager.
Combining high-tech sensors, Blockchain technology, and smart contracts to assure the quality, safety, and origins of essential products, Ambrosus is officially endorsed by EIT Food and SQS (Swiss Quality and Safety Association) and has received financial backing from the Government of the Canton of Vaud, Switzerland.
“Given that cutting-edge technology is the pillar of the Ambrosus project and vision, it is of the utmost significance that we continue to work alongside the most influential minds in the space. The Ambrosus mission is unattainable without a sound foundation of insight and experience, and Dr Wang will be an integral contributor. Dr Wang’s stellar body of work to date will enable our vision to be implemented and managed expertly, and Ambrosus is incredibly eager to bring him on as a Project Manager,” said Angel Versetti, Ambrosus Co-founder, and CEO.
Most recently the Chief Scientist for Bitquant Research Laboratories in Hong Kong, Dr Wang was responsible for the project management and development of scalable open source trading systems. Prior to this role, Dr Wang worked with Mageia as an Open Source Scientific Developer. Additionally, the former Vice President of Front Office Quantitative Analytics and Equity Derivatives at JP Morgan Chase, Dr Wang issued the first smart contract used in a business transaction in Hong Kong.
“Ambrosus is meeting the rapidly growing consumer demand for supply chain and market transparency. The innovative and emerging technologies being employed by Ambrosus have the potential to transform traditional supply chains and evolve global markets. I am excited to join such a sophisticated and forward-thinking project,” said Dr Wang.
Dr Wang joins a host of industry experts on the Ambrosus Advisory Board including Oliver Bussmann, Ex-UBS Group CIO and president of the renowned Crypto Valley Association, Jaron Lukasiewicz, former CEO of Coinsetter and Cavirtex bitcoin exchanges, Jehan Chu, founder of the Ethereum Hong Kong Community, David Wachsman, CEO of Wachsman PR, and David Drake, President of LDJ Capital. In addition, Parity will serve as Ambrosus’ Core Technology Partner.
“As we begin our transition from prototypes and pilot projects to combining the emerging technology and partnering with global leaders, Dr Wang will bring an invaluable insight and unmatched expertise which will be extremely beneficial as we drive product development forward in order to create a safer, more transparent supply chain,” said Versetti.
Dr Wang joins Ambrosus along with eleven new appointments including three R&D assistants for the activities at the EPFL Innovation Park (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne Campus), five additions to the business development team, and three administrative/legal assistants.
For more information on Ambrosus, visit www.ambrosus.com
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019