The latest in the ICO offerings, Lescoin – a woodcoin – is backed by a group of Russian timber companies. They want to expand the production into an area at the border with China, the main importers of Russian wood along with Japan. For developing at least one production enterprise it is necessary to raise at least $7 mln.
And they want to tokenize their business to raise liquidity.
“Our offer is mainly for investors who would like to diversify their portfolio, said the project founder Ivan Gridin. “We are planning to make the very first ICO on the government-backed platform. Despite the the negotiations are on the way, our investors can be sure that tokens they buying are secure and backed with real commodity, not only pixels”.
The Pre-ICO will close on November, 10. The main ICO will take place in November-December 2017. After the crowdsale, the Lescoin owners can either get the wood or receive the dividends from selling lumber to China. 1 Lescoin is equivalent 1 cubic meter of wood. Processed into lumber it costs up to $200 in the Chinese market.
The company offers generous bonuses to early investors: 50% during pre-ICO
Seeing the production is in the Far East which will become Russia’s free investment zone where crypto-trading will be legalized, there would be no need to release the token on the “official” exchange in order to pass under the free investment regulation, according to the team.
Investment opportunities in the Russian timber industry
Russia’s timber industry is on the rise as the global demand for wood is growing. In 2016, China alone increased the wood import from Russia by 36%. The Russian government facilitated the trade development by reducing export duties. However, the industry suffers the capital deficit and wear of the industrial base. Russian companies strive to modernize the production.
Russia’s rich forest resources are concentrated in West Siberia and the Far East, known for their vast undeveloped territory. The lack of transport and wood-processing infrastructure there hinders the development of the industry. Suffering the economic sanctions, the Russian business has no easy access to foreign capital. The crypto-market becomes a new promising option.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019