The latest in the ICO offerings, Lescoin – a woodcoin – is backed by a group of Russian timber companies. They want to expand the production into an area at the border with China, the main importers of Russian wood along with Japan. For developing at least one production enterprise it is necessary to raise at least $7 mln.
And they want to tokenize their business to raise liquidity.
“Our offer is mainly for investors who would like to diversify their portfolio, said the project founder Ivan Gridin. “We are planning to make the very first ICO on the government-backed platform. Despite the the negotiations are on the way, our investors can be sure that tokens they buying are secure and backed with real commodity, not only pixels”.
The Pre-ICO will close on November, 10. The main ICO will take place in November-December 2017. After the crowdsale, the Lescoin owners can either get the wood or receive the dividends from selling lumber to China. 1 Lescoin is equivalent 1 cubic meter of wood. Processed into lumber it costs up to $200 in the Chinese market.
The company offers generous bonuses to early investors: 50% during pre-ICO
Seeing the production is in the Far East which will become Russia’s free investment zone where crypto-trading will be legalized, there would be no need to release the token on the “official” exchange in order to pass under the free investment regulation, according to the team.
Investment opportunities in the Russian timber industry
Russia’s timber industry is on the rise as the global demand for wood is growing. In 2016, China alone increased the wood import from Russia by 36%. The Russian government facilitated the trade development by reducing export duties. However, the industry suffers the capital deficit and wear of the industrial base. Russian companies strive to modernize the production.
Russia’s rich forest resources are concentrated in West Siberia and the Far East, known for their vast undeveloped territory. The lack of transport and wood-processing infrastructure there hinders the development of the industry. Suffering the economic sanctions, the Russian business has no easy access to foreign capital. The crypto-market becomes a new promising option.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019