Today Pulsar Venture Capital, a business accelerator and an early stage venture fund, has announced the launch of an initial coin offering (ICO) for a new VC fund that can accept funds from pre-qualified crypto-purchasers (per country regulations, under Reg D Rule 506(c) in the U.S.)
“Crypto-investors can join by investing in the existing portfolio companies and become a part of the new fund. Our strategy has already demonstrated great results, having produced an average return of 40% annually. Our own award-winning international acceleration program allows us to increase companies’ capitalization and to scale up startups from Eastern Europe into international markets with confidence.
In Europe, the USA, and Asia, we have a an established proprietary deal flow from our partners that rank among some of the leading accelerators, incubators, venture funds, and angel investors. The new fund’s focus will shift towards blockchain and cryptocurrency, while the strategy will involve scaling local startups internationally, into Europe, the USA, and Asia. The ICO is a new opportunity that will allow us to make investments in startups accessible and liquid”, Pavel Korolev, Pulsar Venture Capital CEO and Managing Partner, said.
The ICO will take place from October 30, 2017 until November 30, 2017. The ICO organizers hope to raise $30 million to invest in 30+ new early-stage startups in Europe and the US. The fund will be focused on blockchain/cryptocurrency, IT, IoT, and advanced materials. ICO participants will share in the upside from the 29 existing portfolio companies of Pulsar VC.
In the ICO campaign, Pulsar tokens will be issued on the Ethereum blockchain platform. Pulsar VC team includes experts and investors from the USA, Russia, European and Asian countries, among whom are: Marvin Liao (Partner at 500 Startups), Bill Reichert (Managing Director at Garage Technology), Jeffrey Paine (Managing Partner, Golden Gate Ventures) and others. A full list of all members of a team and experts involved is accessible on the site ICO site www.pulsarico.com.
The fund is set to carry out this strategy under the guidance of an experienced international team of managing partners in the USA, Russia, Ireland, the UAE, where the fund has significant presence and is successfully integrated into the local market and innovation ecosystem.
Pulsar VC will buy back the tokens at a market price every time an “exit” of one of the portfolio companies takes place or Pulsar VC receives any dividends or distributions from the portfolio companies. Pulsar VC will apply such proceeds (less success fee) to buying back Pulsar tokens through an exchange platform.
Pulsar Venture Capital is an early stage venture fund and a business accelerator ensuring proper conditions for implementation of innovation projects, developing high technology companies. Pulsar VC is a leader among the top-performing Russian business accelerators in the UBI Global 2016-2017 ranking. Over the last few years, Pulsar Venture Capital has organized annual acceleration programs to help startups enter international markets, as well as to select companies to be invested in with its Fund. The fund and accelerator’s investment strategy includes investing in early stage companies having the potential to enter the global market.
The Pulsar Venture Capital’s main office is located in Kazan. Its representative offices are located in Silicon Valley, Dublin and Dubai.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019