Soma, which stands for social market, is a new Blockchain based platform that launched an ICO to address fraudulent sellers on classifieds platforms such as Ebay, Amazon and Alibaba. The rise of sales of counterfeit goods has become a major global problem, estimated to reach $2.3 trillion by 2022, almost a 25% increase from 2015.
“Counterfeits and scams are a major problem across online marketplaces,” stated co-founder Joseph al Sharif, “There is no way to track the history of an item, check its authenticity, or certify where it came from. Soma aims to change all of that.”
Soma’s Interactive Item Card (IIC), will be a digital representation of every physical item listed on their Blockchain platform, within the Soma Community. It will include information about the ownership data, the condition of the physical item, the genuineness of the item and the price history. The IIC will accumulate social value inside the Soma Community through different social interactions from the users, which may be reflected in the value of the physical item.
“Imagine a future when you know the authenticity of brands like Gucci or Chanel, the safety of your food or prescription drugs, or the trust score of a person selling you any item,” says co-founder Jukka. By reinforcing trust and transparency on the Blockchain, the Soma social marketplace aims to revolutionize the way we buy and sell items online.
Soma believe their Interactive Item Card could eventually be used in all transactions as an alternative to tedious receipts and certifications of authenticity.
“The Soma IIC smart contract could become the standard for commerce, going beyond online marketplaces to the point of purchase,” says advisor David Passiak, author of Empower: How to Cocreate the Future. “Never worry about losing a receipt again because it’s all on the Blockchain.”
David Passiak and sharing economy author Chelsea Rustrum will host a webinar on Monday October 23 to discuss Soma and the future of marketplaces. To sign-up for the webinar, sign up here. To participate in the Soma token sale ending October 26, go to Soma.co/ICO.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020