A Manchester-based business has been appointed to launch the world’s first cryptocurrency payment system for Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points.
Energi Mine has secured a contract with electric truck company, Electra Commercial Vehicles, to develop the payment system for its fleet of electric trucks.
Energi Mine has launched a Blockchain-based platform to incentivise energy conservation with digital currency and decentralise the energy market. A new Energi Token (ETK), is at the core of Energi Mine’s energy efficiency reward system, with users rewarded for energy saving behaviour.
“This is a hugely significant appointment for the business and opens up a world of opportunities,” said Energi Mine CEO, Omar Rahim.
“There is a global push towards energy conservation while cryptocurrencies are becoming increasingly mainstream.
“Our initial aim is for Energi Tokens to be adopted as a common currency for all EV charging points in the UK. Our intention is then to work with our network of partners to roll this out internationally.”
“As an example, a vehicle manufacturer may buy Energi Tokens to give away with a brand new EV charging point. This is effectively giving the customer some credit towards running their purchase. The idea being that those who are most dramatically reducing their energy footprint should benefit the most.”
This year’s Queen’s Speech introduced plans to make motorway service and major petrol station chains install EV charging points and earlier this month Shell opened its first EV charging points at three gas stations in Britain.
This week, the House of Commons also debated the Automated and Electric Vehicles Bill, with Transport Minister John Hayes saying the Government would discuss changing planning rules to ensure more EV charging points were in place.
“Electric vehicles are here to stay,” added Omar. “The transport sector makes up 30 per cent of global energy consumption but everything is moving towards decreasing energy consumption.”
Energi Mine was named as one of the world’s most exciting Blockchain start-ups at this year’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Summit in Zurich, where Omar Rahim launched the company’s new digital token, ETK.
The company is currently preparing to raise funds through a Token Sale, the new way for companies to raise money through cryptocurrency.
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019