A Manchester-based business has been appointed to launch the world’s first cryptocurrency payment system for Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points.
Energi Mine has secured a contract with electric truck company, Electra Commercial Vehicles, to develop the payment system for its fleet of electric trucks.
Energi Mine has launched a Blockchain-based platform to incentivise energy conservation with digital currency and decentralise the energy market. A new Energi Token (ETK), is at the core of Energi Mine’s energy efficiency reward system, with users rewarded for energy saving behaviour.
“This is a hugely significant appointment for the business and opens up a world of opportunities,” said Energi Mine CEO, Omar Rahim.
“There is a global push towards energy conservation while cryptocurrencies are becoming increasingly mainstream.
“Our initial aim is for Energi Tokens to be adopted as a common currency for all EV charging points in the UK. Our intention is then to work with our network of partners to roll this out internationally.”
“As an example, a vehicle manufacturer may buy Energi Tokens to give away with a brand new EV charging point. This is effectively giving the customer some credit towards running their purchase. The idea being that those who are most dramatically reducing their energy footprint should benefit the most.”
This year’s Queen’s Speech introduced plans to make motorway service and major petrol station chains install EV charging points and earlier this month Shell opened its first EV charging points at three gas stations in Britain.
This week, the House of Commons also debated the Automated and Electric Vehicles Bill, with Transport Minister John Hayes saying the Government would discuss changing planning rules to ensure more EV charging points were in place.
“Electric vehicles are here to stay,” added Omar. “The transport sector makes up 30 per cent of global energy consumption but everything is moving towards decreasing energy consumption.”
Energi Mine was named as one of the world’s most exciting Blockchain start-ups at this year’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Summit in Zurich, where Omar Rahim launched the company’s new digital token, ETK.
The company is currently preparing to raise funds through a Token Sale, the new way for companies to raise money through cryptocurrency.
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018