A Manchester-based business has been appointed to launch the world’s first cryptocurrency payment system for Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points.
Energi Mine has secured a contract with electric truck company, Electra Commercial Vehicles, to develop the payment system for its fleet of electric trucks.
Energi Mine has launched a Blockchain-based platform to incentivise energy conservation with digital currency and decentralise the energy market. A new Energi Token (ETK), is at the core of Energi Mine’s energy efficiency reward system, with users rewarded for energy saving behaviour.
“This is a hugely significant appointment for the business and opens up a world of opportunities,” said Energi Mine CEO, Omar Rahim.
“There is a global push towards energy conservation while cryptocurrencies are becoming increasingly mainstream.
“Our initial aim is for Energi Tokens to be adopted as a common currency for all EV charging points in the UK. Our intention is then to work with our network of partners to roll this out internationally.”
“As an example, a vehicle manufacturer may buy Energi Tokens to give away with a brand new EV charging point. This is effectively giving the customer some credit towards running their purchase. The idea being that those who are most dramatically reducing their energy footprint should benefit the most.”
This year’s Queen’s Speech introduced plans to make motorway service and major petrol station chains install EV charging points and earlier this month Shell opened its first EV charging points at three gas stations in Britain.
This week, the House of Commons also debated the Automated and Electric Vehicles Bill, with Transport Minister John Hayes saying the Government would discuss changing planning rules to ensure more EV charging points were in place.
“Electric vehicles are here to stay,” added Omar. “The transport sector makes up 30 per cent of global energy consumption but everything is moving towards decreasing energy consumption.”
Energi Mine was named as one of the world’s most exciting Blockchain start-ups at this year’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Summit in Zurich, where Omar Rahim launched the company’s new digital token, ETK.
The company is currently preparing to raise funds through a Token Sale, the new way for companies to raise money through cryptocurrency.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019