Energi Mine, a global energy solutions company, today announced the launch of its Blockchain-based platform, designed to incentivize energy conservation with digital currency and decentralize the $2 trillion global energy market. A new digital token, ETK, will be at the core of Energi Mine’s energy efficiency reward system.
Energi Mine also confirmed the appointment of Lord Rupert Redesdale to Energi Mine’s advisory board, further bolstering the company’s bench of energy industry leaders. Lord Redesdale is a member of the House of Lords and CEO of the Energy Manager’s Association, Carbon Management Association, and Low Energy Company. He will provide Energi Mine his sharp business acumen and deep knowledge in energy efficiency and energy management.
The current electricity market approach encourages energy companies to sell as much energy as possible, at the highest price possible. It’s a broken and even dangerous approach in a time when the perils of climate change are increasingly evident. Recognizing this paradox, Energi Mine will instead encourage consumer and organizations to reduce energy consumption, by issuing ETK tokens to reward energy efficient behavior, such as taking public transportation or buying energy-efficient appliances.
ETK tokens will have a market value. Thus, token holders may redeem the ETK tokens on the Energi Mine platform to pay for energy bills, electric vehicle recharging or exchange for fiat currency. For example, local city transit authorities, such as Transport for London, would encourage commuters to use public transportation instead of gas-guzzling alternatives by rewarding them with ETK tokens. Once earned, commuters can either cash in their ETK or trade the token directly with the transit authorities to pay for their trip.
Leading the Energi Mine team is Omar Rahim, sporting successful exits for two energy trading companies prior to founding Energi Mine and possessing over 12 years of experience in energy trading for some of the largest energy companies in the world, including Engie and Vattenfall.
“The energy sector needs a bold, new solution, and the Energi Mine Blockchain-platform is it,” said Omar Rahim, CEO of Energi Mine. “Existing energy incentive programs have been met with limited success, because they do not reward good energy practices or increase competition among energy suppliers to drive down prices. Energi Mine does both.”
In most electric power markets today, energy produced by a consumer generator that exceeds what that consumer needs is sold back to the power supplier at a rate determined by the power supplier. However, with Energi Mine’s decentralized platform, excess energy can instead be sold to a different consumer at transparent market rates.
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018