Energi Mine, a global energy solutions company, today announced the launch of its Blockchain-based platform, designed to incentivize energy conservation with digital currency and decentralize the $2 trillion global energy market. A new digital token, ETK, will be at the core of Energi Mine’s energy efficiency reward system.
Energi Mine also confirmed the appointment of Lord Rupert Redesdale to Energi Mine’s advisory board, further bolstering the company’s bench of energy industry leaders. Lord Redesdale is a member of the House of Lords and CEO of the Energy Manager’s Association, Carbon Management Association, and Low Energy Company. He will provide Energi Mine his sharp business acumen and deep knowledge in energy efficiency and energy management.
The current electricity market approach encourages energy companies to sell as much energy as possible, at the highest price possible. It’s a broken and even dangerous approach in a time when the perils of climate change are increasingly evident. Recognizing this paradox, Energi Mine will instead encourage consumer and organizations to reduce energy consumption, by issuing ETK tokens to reward energy efficient behavior, such as taking public transportation or buying energy-efficient appliances.
ETK tokens will have a market value. Thus, token holders may redeem the ETK tokens on the Energi Mine platform to pay for energy bills, electric vehicle recharging or exchange for fiat currency. For example, local city transit authorities, such as Transport for London, would encourage commuters to use public transportation instead of gas-guzzling alternatives by rewarding them with ETK tokens. Once earned, commuters can either cash in their ETK or trade the token directly with the transit authorities to pay for their trip.
Leading the Energi Mine team is Omar Rahim, sporting successful exits for two energy trading companies prior to founding Energi Mine and possessing over 12 years of experience in energy trading for some of the largest energy companies in the world, including Engie and Vattenfall.
“The energy sector needs a bold, new solution, and the Energi Mine Blockchain-platform is it,” said Omar Rahim, CEO of Energi Mine. “Existing energy incentive programs have been met with limited success, because they do not reward good energy practices or increase competition among energy suppliers to drive down prices. Energi Mine does both.”
In most electric power markets today, energy produced by a consumer generator that exceeds what that consumer needs is sold back to the power supplier at a rate determined by the power supplier. However, with Energi Mine’s decentralized platform, excess energy can instead be sold to a different consumer at transparent market rates.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019