Energi Mine, a global energy solutions company, today announced the launch of its Blockchain-based platform, designed to incentivize energy conservation with digital currency and decentralize the $2 trillion global energy market. A new digital token, ETK, will be at the core of Energi Mine’s energy efficiency reward system.
Energi Mine also confirmed the appointment of Lord Rupert Redesdale to Energi Mine’s advisory board, further bolstering the company’s bench of energy industry leaders. Lord Redesdale is a member of the House of Lords and CEO of the Energy Manager’s Association, Carbon Management Association, and Low Energy Company. He will provide Energi Mine his sharp business acumen and deep knowledge in energy efficiency and energy management.
The current electricity market approach encourages energy companies to sell as much energy as possible, at the highest price possible. It’s a broken and even dangerous approach in a time when the perils of climate change are increasingly evident. Recognizing this paradox, Energi Mine will instead encourage consumer and organizations to reduce energy consumption, by issuing ETK tokens to reward energy efficient behavior, such as taking public transportation or buying energy-efficient appliances.
ETK tokens will have a market value. Thus, token holders may redeem the ETK tokens on the Energi Mine platform to pay for energy bills, electric vehicle recharging or exchange for fiat currency. For example, local city transit authorities, such as Transport for London, would encourage commuters to use public transportation instead of gas-guzzling alternatives by rewarding them with ETK tokens. Once earned, commuters can either cash in their ETK or trade the token directly with the transit authorities to pay for their trip.
Leading the Energi Mine team is Omar Rahim, sporting successful exits for two energy trading companies prior to founding Energi Mine and possessing over 12 years of experience in energy trading for some of the largest energy companies in the world, including Engie and Vattenfall.
“The energy sector needs a bold, new solution, and the Energi Mine Blockchain-platform is it,” said Omar Rahim, CEO of Energi Mine. “Existing energy incentive programs have been met with limited success, because they do not reward good energy practices or increase competition among energy suppliers to drive down prices. Energi Mine does both.”
In most electric power markets today, energy produced by a consumer generator that exceeds what that consumer needs is sold back to the power supplier at a rate determined by the power supplier. However, with Energi Mine’s decentralized platform, excess energy can instead be sold to a different consumer at transparent market rates.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019