Energi Mine, a global energy solutions company, today announced the launch of its Blockchain-based platform, designed to incentivize energy conservation with digital currency and decentralize the $2 trillion global energy market. A new digital token, ETK, will be at the core of Energi Mine’s energy efficiency reward system.
Energi Mine also confirmed the appointment of Lord Rupert Redesdale to Energi Mine’s advisory board, further bolstering the company’s bench of energy industry leaders. Lord Redesdale is a member of the House of Lords and CEO of the Energy Manager’s Association, Carbon Management Association, and Low Energy Company. He will provide Energi Mine his sharp business acumen and deep knowledge in energy efficiency and energy management.
The current electricity market approach encourages energy companies to sell as much energy as possible, at the highest price possible. It’s a broken and even dangerous approach in a time when the perils of climate change are increasingly evident. Recognizing this paradox, Energi Mine will instead encourage consumer and organizations to reduce energy consumption, by issuing ETK tokens to reward energy efficient behavior, such as taking public transportation or buying energy-efficient appliances.
ETK tokens will have a market value. Thus, token holders may redeem the ETK tokens on the Energi Mine platform to pay for energy bills, electric vehicle recharging or exchange for fiat currency. For example, local city transit authorities, such as Transport for London, would encourage commuters to use public transportation instead of gas-guzzling alternatives by rewarding them with ETK tokens. Once earned, commuters can either cash in their ETK or trade the token directly with the transit authorities to pay for their trip.
Leading the Energi Mine team is Omar Rahim, sporting successful exits for two energy trading companies prior to founding Energi Mine and possessing over 12 years of experience in energy trading for some of the largest energy companies in the world, including Engie and Vattenfall.
“The energy sector needs a bold, new solution, and the Energi Mine Blockchain-platform is it,” said Omar Rahim, CEO of Energi Mine. “Existing energy incentive programs have been met with limited success, because they do not reward good energy practices or increase competition among energy suppliers to drive down prices. Energi Mine does both.”
In most electric power markets today, energy produced by a consumer generator that exceeds what that consumer needs is sold back to the power supplier at a rate determined by the power supplier. However, with Energi Mine’s decentralized platform, excess energy can instead be sold to a different consumer at transparent market rates.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018