California-based Oracles Network has unveiled cross-Blockchain bridges, capable of transferring assets across various Ethereum-compatible networks such as Ethereum Classic, Oracles Network, Ethereum itself and others.
Oracles Network’s cross-chain bridge mechanism successfully overcomes two of the biggest obstacles Blockchain systems currently face: scalability and connectivity. These obstacles prevent widespread Blockchain deployment for many small and midsize businesses. As existing networks struggle to accommodate a growing number of transactions, network performance suffers greatly while costs increase due to expensive transaction fees. Oracles Network’s cross-chain bridge addresses these limitations by providing open-source tools to all industry players.
The cross-chain bridge enables seamless connectivity amongst any Ethereum-compatible networks, allowing for greater flexibility in transferring value. Previously, for a Blockchain to be viable, it had to have a self-sustaining ecosystem. Since Blockchain ecosystems are time-consuming and complex to build, many chains were incapable of long-term development.
“One of the immediate use cases for cross-chain bridges is a cross-chain tokensale, a new way to conduct crowdsales,” said award-winning Blockchain expert and Oracles Network co-founder, Igor Barinov. “In this scenario, we create cross-chain crowdsale contracts, collecting funds on the main Ethereum network while issuing tokens on another, more performant and cost-efficient Ethereum-compatible network. This brings to life new types of interactions between Blockchains.”
To read more about the Oracles Network ecosystem visit the following for more information:
- Project Website: https://oracles.org/
- Whitepaper: https://hackmd.io/s/HkV8Vw7_-
- GitHub: https://github.com/oraclesorg
- Medium: https://medium.com/oracles-net
- Project Forum: https://forum.oracles.org/
- Telegram: https://t.me/oraclesnetwork
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/oraclesorg
Oracles Network is the first Ethereum-based public network with Proof-of-Authority (PoA) consensus, reached by independent, pre-selected validators. Oracles Network makes smart contracts cheaper and faster than Proof-of-Work (PoW) predecessors.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019