Australian fintech startup HCash has today announced it has raised 21,000 Bitcoin, equivalent to AU $52.89 million dollars, in what is Australia’s largest Initial Coin Offerings (ICO).
The startup, backed by Melbourne-based Collinstar Capital is an alumni of Blockchain Global’s corporate accelerator program, which has made over 50 investments in Blockchain enabled companies, most recently, Blockchain Global and it’s associates acquired a 40% stake in ASX listed Digitalx (ASX:DCC).
The ICO launched on June 28, 2017 and was well pursued by Chinese investors, due to the potential of the technology. It is one of Australia’s largest blockchain raises with a market cap of AUD$200 million. Investors in the ICO have so far realised a 400 per cent gain.
HCash is a platform that allows various blockchains to connect, facilitating the free flow of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum across otherwise separate networks.
The world-first technology has been developed alongside research partners including Monash University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, has the potential to revolutionise cryptocurrencies by improving the efficiency of previously inoperable blockchains.
HCash CEO, Dallas Brooks said:
“HCash is the first Australian blockchain which aims to link the current mainstream blockchains, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, with the next generation of blockchain technology”
“We expect HCash to mark the beginning of a new era of blockchain technology where isolated blockchains can communicate and recognise each other.”
On the significance of the technology, Dr. Joseph Liu of Monash University said:
“The technologies behind HCash are a significant breakthrough in Blockchain. Among the current cryptocurrencies, there is no suitable one which can serve everyone’s need. Transaction times are too long and are not truly anonymous. HCash solves these issues and allows people to transact in practical, secure and privacy-preserving way.”
Dr. Debiao He from Wuhan University said the technology would have widespread potential society and industries:
“HCash will provide platform tokens, chain and chain assets, and equity interaction that will help reveal the potential of digital assets in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. These digital assets will further expand liquidity and maximise the asset value in the future. It can be applied to many fields that require the highest level of privacy, as well as bolstering the privacy and efficiency of regular peer-to-peer transactions.”
Commenting on the motivations behind investing in the startup, Ryan Xu, Managing Director of Collinstar Capital said:
“What we found attractive about HCash is that their research partners have considered quantum resistance when designing HCash to safeguard it from any computing advances”
“We’re assured that this revolutionary cryptocurrency is in the hands of a trusted team who are at the forefront of developments in blockchain technology.”
For more information, visit https://h.cash/
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
- Shanghai Blockchain Week Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year to Discuss the Next Decade of the Blockchain Industry - September 3, 2019
- ICO that Raised $37M in 18 minutes – Monetha – Passes Legal Audit on White Paper Commitments with Flying Colours - September 2, 2019