Lykke, a Swiss FinTech company building a global marketplace on the blockchain, today announced that the update to the Lykke Wallet mobile application supports ERC20 tokens.
ERC20 is a standard for highly programmable digital tokens, or “smart contracts.” Introduced by Ethereum in 2015, ERC20 has since become the predominant ICO technology.
Members of the Lykke community will be able to use their Lykke Wallet to store ERC20 tokens.
“We are pleased to bring ERC20 support to our passionate user base,” said Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO. “When we first developed the Lykke Wallet, we wanted to make it the only digital wallet that anyone would ever need. With storage for the most popular token types and more to come, I’d say we’re off to a great start. And adding ERC20 brings us even closer to our goal.”
While the Lykke Exchange does not yet permit the direct trading of ERC20 tokens, community members may acquire these tokens in an ICO or purchase them on any participating exchange and then store them safely in their private wallet for future trades or simply as investment.
The Lykke Wallet even advises prospective ERC20 traders and investors on the optimal transfer commission for any given Ethereum operation, including peer-to-peer transactions and token acquisitions. This new feature reduces the risk of cancelled Ethereum transactions.
The updated Lykke Wallet app is available for free download from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Lykke is building a secure global marketplace for the exchange of all financial assets. Founded by Richard Olsen of OANDA.com, and encouraging participation from all users, the Lykke Exchange levels the financial playing field through direct ownership of assets and immediate settlement of trades.
For more information, visit lykke.com.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019