Lykke, a Swiss FinTech company building a global marketplace on the blockchain, today announced that the update to the Lykke Wallet mobile application supports ERC20 tokens.
ERC20 is a standard for highly programmable digital tokens, or “smart contracts.” Introduced by Ethereum in 2015, ERC20 has since become the predominant ICO technology.
Members of the Lykke community will be able to use their Lykke Wallet to store ERC20 tokens.
“We are pleased to bring ERC20 support to our passionate user base,” said Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO. “When we first developed the Lykke Wallet, we wanted to make it the only digital wallet that anyone would ever need. With storage for the most popular token types and more to come, I’d say we’re off to a great start. And adding ERC20 brings us even closer to our goal.”
While the Lykke Exchange does not yet permit the direct trading of ERC20 tokens, community members may acquire these tokens in an ICO or purchase them on any participating exchange and then store them safely in their private wallet for future trades or simply as investment.
The Lykke Wallet even advises prospective ERC20 traders and investors on the optimal transfer commission for any given Ethereum operation, including peer-to-peer transactions and token acquisitions. This new feature reduces the risk of cancelled Ethereum transactions.
The updated Lykke Wallet app is available for free download from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Lykke is building a secure global marketplace for the exchange of all financial assets. Founded by Richard Olsen of OANDA.com, and encouraging participation from all users, the Lykke Exchange levels the financial playing field through direct ownership of assets and immediate settlement of trades.
For more information, visit lykke.com.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019