The digital space is full of dangers, one of which is hacker attacks. That is why such services as cryptocurrency wallets and exchanges, that exist only in digital space, are particularly vulnerable. Since transactions in blockchain are irreversible it is impossible to get back the stolen funds. Multisignature, technology developed to increase the accounts’ security level, is one of the solutions, which will be implemented in Exscudo ecosystem.
Multisignature is a digital signature scheme allowing a group of accounts to sign one transaction. A user specifies accounts that will confirm his or her transactions in advance. In Exscudo ecosystem there will be several variations of this scheme – for example, a user can indicate that his transactions need two of three specified accounts’ signature to be confirmed, or, in opposite, that transactions should be necessarily protected by all the three accounts.
Multisignature is one of the Exscudo tools to enhance security. This scheme will be particularly interesting for peer holders, whose accounts confirm transactions. Indeed, a user whose account participates in block generation has to enter his private key. It means, that with some effort hacker may read the key from the server. However, if the wallet is protected with multisignature, it is impossible to withdraw the funds without the certain number of accounts to agree, even if the private key is known.
There are several variations of multisignature scheme. Some are more easy-to-use, such as 2FA, where confirmation is made with E-mail and SMS. But when it comes to company’s account, it is very risky to give account access to one person only. Multisignature reduces these risks providing the scheme for several accounts to take decisions together.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019