Neufund, the largest coding project on the Ethereum Blockchain, has announced a successful pre-sale funding round of 10m Euro.
Backed by top private investors from funds such as Philipp Freise (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co), Michael Jackson (Mangrove Capital), top VC funds such as Atlantic Labs, and crypto influencers like Max Kordek (Lisk), Fabian Vogelsteller (Ethereum Mist, ERC20), the company will use the money raised to launch its Initial Capital Building Mechanism (ICBM).
The new unique protocol will allow investors to fund projects while acquiring equity in return in the form of tradable crypto tokens. The Blockchain based fundraising platform allows startups, SMBs, and established companies to legally issue a new concept of asset ownership.
Neufund operates as a public, open-sourced platform, that allows any entrepreneurship venture, from an ice-cream shop and the next rising star in Silicon Valley, to Blockchain-based projects, to hold an ETO (Equity Token Offering) for their own company’s Equity Token. Unlike a regular ICO, Equity Tokens represent, and have legal ties to equity (shares) in their respective company, and give token holders virtually the same rights as a regular shareholder.
The biggest challenge for startups approaching the traditional investment market at the moment is the lack of liquidity, slow fundraising processes, and the regulations protecting high tier investors. Novice investors find themselves excluded from the more attractive opportunities; in turn, depriving the market from the financial support this specific group of entrepreneurs may bring. Neufund leverages the window of opportunities Blockchain technology offers in order to build an investment ecosystem that will provide liquidity to the private equity market, lower investment barriers, and open innovation for good.
Neufund’s process of committing funds to the platform differs substantially from regular ICOs, both in mechanism and impact. Compliant with both Blockchain technology and current legal regulations worldwide, Neufund developed a split economy between startups using the platform for funding and equity tokenization, and Neufund’s own protocol token, the Neumark (NEU). NEU tokens are earned by committing capital to Neufund’s platform; the amount of NEU held then represents the individual’s share of the Neufund ecosystem. When an investor uses the funds they committed to the platform to contribute to a company’s ETO, the investor will receive equity in the form of the respective company’s crypto tokens, and NEU tokens, creating a powerful incentive for investors to continue growing the platform with future investments.
Neufund’s ICBM will occur on November 17th 2017 at 11am UTC and will last for 30 days.
Some of the distinguishing features of the NEU token economy are:
- Funds stay in full control of their owners: investors can invest into the startups of their choice
- There is no minimum requirement on contributions
- If a contributor desires to remove his committed capital, he can do so after 18 months, with a 100% return
- Tokens entitle their holders to revenues from platform fees for ETOs taking place on the platform
- Tokens can be traded freely on crypto exchanges and easily transferred among users
Neufund incentivizes investors from both the crypto and non-crypto world to provide capital for innovation. Investors already active in the crypto space gain access to attractive investment opportunities from outside the space. Investors that have yet to join the crypto economy find in Neufund an easy way to get started. The platform offers a full user experience as well as tutorials to slowly build up basic knowledge of crypto technology and economics, fueling a process of gradual learning and commitment, and ensuingly demystifying the Blockchain.
“At Neufund, we believe firmly that innovating, building, and contributing is the only priority of our generation,” said Zoe Adamovicz, Co-Founder and CEO of Neufund, “We are excited to have developed a new way to fund ventures , and ultimately, to remove unnecessary barriers that prevent the alliance of inventors and investors, including geographical and jurisdictional constraints in order to open innovation for good.”
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017