Waves is implementing new technology, which will enable the network to process thousands of transactions per minute – making it the fastest decentralised Blockchain platform in the world. This innovation will bring Blockchain technology to the next level of evolution, enabling it to compete with mainstream payment processors and to achieve mass-market adoption. The public stress test has begun on 8th November.
“Waves-NG”, a next-generation technology designed to increase effective bandwidth and speed of block creation, is especially significant for businesses using Waves platform, since it allows conducting microtransactions without any delays which are typical for traditional Blockchain systems. It also allows the platform to withstand high loads, such as distribution of tokens following crowdsales and airdrops of bonus tokens. The speed of processing trading transactions on Waves decentralised exchange (DEX) is increased as well.
The prototype for the development of Waves-NG was Bitcoin-NG, a protocol developed for Bitcoin by Emin Gün Sierer, Co-Director of the Initiative for Cryptocurrencies and Contracts at Cornell.
“In recent years, we have seen Blockchain technology show the world its unique capabilities and amazing promise. As well, we’ve seen it hit a wall when it comes to scalability. If Blockchains are to conquer the world, they need to scale. The Waves team is at the forefront of this race to scale. With NG, Waves has adopted the cutting edge of Blockchain protocols for on-chain scaling. Specifically, NG enables Blockchains to minimize latency and maximize throughput. The Waves team has shown that they have an innovative platform that incorporates the best-known technology and is ready for challenges of the next generation of demanding applications,” says Emin Gün Sirer.
NG is a protocol change that allows an increase in the number of transactions per block without increasing the number of forks. The information necessary to start generating the next block is delivered to all nodes very quickly after the previous one is generated, and only then does the miner send the transactions that will fill the block to the network, submitting them in several tranches (microblocks).
“We are very excited to be able to deploy Waves NG on our network. As a platform of mass adoption, it’s critical that we should be able to support a high throughput of transactions, whilst maintaining robust security. NG lays the foundations for our next phase of growth and a step-change in the size of the ecosystem we can support,” says Alexander Ivanov, founder and CEO of Waves.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019