Waves is implementing new technology, which will enable the network to process thousands of transactions per minute – making it the fastest decentralised Blockchain platform in the world. This innovation will bring Blockchain technology to the next level of evolution, enabling it to compete with mainstream payment processors and to achieve mass-market adoption. The public stress test has begun on 8th November.
“Waves-NG”, a next-generation technology designed to increase effective bandwidth and speed of block creation, is especially significant for businesses using Waves platform, since it allows conducting microtransactions without any delays which are typical for traditional Blockchain systems. It also allows the platform to withstand high loads, such as distribution of tokens following crowdsales and airdrops of bonus tokens. The speed of processing trading transactions on Waves decentralised exchange (DEX) is increased as well.
The prototype for the development of Waves-NG was Bitcoin-NG, a protocol developed for Bitcoin by Emin Gün Sierer, Co-Director of the Initiative for Cryptocurrencies and Contracts at Cornell.
“In recent years, we have seen Blockchain technology show the world its unique capabilities and amazing promise. As well, we’ve seen it hit a wall when it comes to scalability. If Blockchains are to conquer the world, they need to scale. The Waves team is at the forefront of this race to scale. With NG, Waves has adopted the cutting edge of Blockchain protocols for on-chain scaling. Specifically, NG enables Blockchains to minimize latency and maximize throughput. The Waves team has shown that they have an innovative platform that incorporates the best-known technology and is ready for challenges of the next generation of demanding applications,” says Emin Gün Sirer.
NG is a protocol change that allows an increase in the number of transactions per block without increasing the number of forks. The information necessary to start generating the next block is delivered to all nodes very quickly after the previous one is generated, and only then does the miner send the transactions that will fill the block to the network, submitting them in several tranches (microblocks).
“We are very excited to be able to deploy Waves NG on our network. As a platform of mass adoption, it’s critical that we should be able to support a high throughput of transactions, whilst maintaining robust security. NG lays the foundations for our next phase of growth and a step-change in the size of the ecosystem we can support,” says Alexander Ivanov, founder and CEO of Waves.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019