Hot on the heels of its successful pre-ICO last month, Gameflip, the veteran Silicon Valley gaming marketplace, has now announced new dates for its much-anticipated ICO: December 4, 2017 through January 29, 2018.
Gameflip’s digital goods marketplace has 2+ million gamers with millions of USD in transactions each month. With FLIP, its digital token and ecosystem, Gameflip is extending its proven marketplace onto the Blockchain — creating significant value for gamers and game publishers.
Gameflip exceeded its pre-sale goal — achieving 112% of its goal with hundreds of people from around the world participating to support the goal of creating a seamless decentralized digital marketplace for gamers. The veteran team has modified its ICO dates to start on December 4, 2017, and end on January 29, 2018, to best meet the needs of its growing community and align with current market trends.
Why are global gamers, industry veterans, and Blockchain enthusiasts flocking to support FLIP? One: gamers will be able to use FLIP on the existing Gameflip platform — creating value and utility for gamers immediately. Two: publisher incentives are built into FLIP, and they are designed to maximize the growth of the network.
Providing a liquid marketplace for digital gaming goods represents a $1 trillion opportunity for the gaming industry. Not surprisingly, others are also trying to build an ecosystem to support these transactions across games. But a key differentiator for Gameflip is its focus on — and existing connections with — game publishers.
“Publishers are the key to success in this market. Our competitors are trying to build marketplaces on the Blockchain without an established platform behind them, an experienced team among them, or an outward focus on publishers guiding them — and that’s simply impossible,” said JT Nguyen, CEO of Gameflip.
Gameflip has great incentives for publishers to put their digital goods onto the Blockchain. It works like this: publishers adopt the use of FLIP and integrate Gameflip’s SDKs with their own games. They receive a generous commission for every Blockchain transaction of those goods that they decide to place onto the Blockchain — that is, for every subsequent transaction of those digital goods, they will have a commission, forever. This opens an entirely new revenue stream for publishers, which promotes quick adoption. In addition, Gameflip has reserved 40% of the total supply of FLIPs to incentivize publishers by allowing them to sell these FLIPs to their community and keep up to 100% of the proceeds.
This publisher-centric model is the product of decades of combined experience in the gaming industry. Prior to founding Gameflip, the company’s core team built the global games publishing business Aeria Games from the ground up, cultivating a community of 40 million gamers.
“Our strategic partners, advisors and core team have longstanding connections in the gaming and startup communities. That means we have insider access to the top publishers and developers in the world,” Nguyen said.
Gameflip’s ICO target is to raise $5 million (soft cap) to extend its already successful digital goods marketplace onto the Blockchain and to onboard a handful of innovative publishers in a beta period before proceeding with top global publishers. The additional capital, together with the company’s existing financing from Silicon Valley VC firms, will let Gameflip quickly scale and expand its platform.
Learn more about Gameflip, its token sale and its expert team.
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019