Hot on the heels of its successful pre-ICO last month, Gameflip, the veteran Silicon Valley gaming marketplace, has now announced new dates for its much-anticipated ICO: December 4, 2017 through January 29, 2018.
Gameflip’s digital goods marketplace has 2+ million gamers with millions of USD in transactions each month. With FLIP, its digital token and ecosystem, Gameflip is extending its proven marketplace onto the Blockchain — creating significant value for gamers and game publishers.
Gameflip exceeded its pre-sale goal — achieving 112% of its goal with hundreds of people from around the world participating to support the goal of creating a seamless decentralized digital marketplace for gamers. The veteran team has modified its ICO dates to start on December 4, 2017, and end on January 29, 2018, to best meet the needs of its growing community and align with current market trends.
Why are global gamers, industry veterans, and Blockchain enthusiasts flocking to support FLIP? One: gamers will be able to use FLIP on the existing Gameflip platform — creating value and utility for gamers immediately. Two: publisher incentives are built into FLIP, and they are designed to maximize the growth of the network.
Providing a liquid marketplace for digital gaming goods represents a $1 trillion opportunity for the gaming industry. Not surprisingly, others are also trying to build an ecosystem to support these transactions across games. But a key differentiator for Gameflip is its focus on — and existing connections with — game publishers.
“Publishers are the key to success in this market. Our competitors are trying to build marketplaces on the Blockchain without an established platform behind them, an experienced team among them, or an outward focus on publishers guiding them — and that’s simply impossible,” said JT Nguyen, CEO of Gameflip.
Gameflip has great incentives for publishers to put their digital goods onto the Blockchain. It works like this: publishers adopt the use of FLIP and integrate Gameflip’s SDKs with their own games. They receive a generous commission for every Blockchain transaction of those goods that they decide to place onto the Blockchain — that is, for every subsequent transaction of those digital goods, they will have a commission, forever. This opens an entirely new revenue stream for publishers, which promotes quick adoption. In addition, Gameflip has reserved 40% of the total supply of FLIPs to incentivize publishers by allowing them to sell these FLIPs to their community and keep up to 100% of the proceeds.
This publisher-centric model is the product of decades of combined experience in the gaming industry. Prior to founding Gameflip, the company’s core team built the global games publishing business Aeria Games from the ground up, cultivating a community of 40 million gamers.
“Our strategic partners, advisors and core team have longstanding connections in the gaming and startup communities. That means we have insider access to the top publishers and developers in the world,” Nguyen said.
Gameflip’s ICO target is to raise $5 million (soft cap) to extend its already successful digital goods marketplace onto the Blockchain and to onboard a handful of innovative publishers in a beta period before proceeding with top global publishers. The additional capital, together with the company’s existing financing from Silicon Valley VC firms, will let Gameflip quickly scale and expand its platform.
Learn more about Gameflip, its token sale and its expert team.
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018