Hot on the heels of its successful pre-ICO last month, Gameflip, the veteran Silicon Valley gaming marketplace, has now announced new dates for its much-anticipated ICO: December 4, 2017 through January 29, 2018.
Gameflip’s digital goods marketplace has 2+ million gamers with millions of USD in transactions each month. With FLIP, its digital token and ecosystem, Gameflip is extending its proven marketplace onto the Blockchain — creating significant value for gamers and game publishers.
Gameflip exceeded its pre-sale goal — achieving 112% of its goal with hundreds of people from around the world participating to support the goal of creating a seamless decentralized digital marketplace for gamers. The veteran team has modified its ICO dates to start on December 4, 2017, and end on January 29, 2018, to best meet the needs of its growing community and align with current market trends.
Why are global gamers, industry veterans, and Blockchain enthusiasts flocking to support FLIP? One: gamers will be able to use FLIP on the existing Gameflip platform — creating value and utility for gamers immediately. Two: publisher incentives are built into FLIP, and they are designed to maximize the growth of the network.
Providing a liquid marketplace for digital gaming goods represents a $1 trillion opportunity for the gaming industry. Not surprisingly, others are also trying to build an ecosystem to support these transactions across games. But a key differentiator for Gameflip is its focus on — and existing connections with — game publishers.
“Publishers are the key to success in this market. Our competitors are trying to build marketplaces on the Blockchain without an established platform behind them, an experienced team among them, or an outward focus on publishers guiding them — and that’s simply impossible,” said JT Nguyen, CEO of Gameflip.
Gameflip has great incentives for publishers to put their digital goods onto the Blockchain. It works like this: publishers adopt the use of FLIP and integrate Gameflip’s SDKs with their own games. They receive a generous commission for every Blockchain transaction of those goods that they decide to place onto the Blockchain — that is, for every subsequent transaction of those digital goods, they will have a commission, forever. This opens an entirely new revenue stream for publishers, which promotes quick adoption. In addition, Gameflip has reserved 40% of the total supply of FLIPs to incentivize publishers by allowing them to sell these FLIPs to their community and keep up to 100% of the proceeds.
This publisher-centric model is the product of decades of combined experience in the gaming industry. Prior to founding Gameflip, the company’s core team built the global games publishing business Aeria Games from the ground up, cultivating a community of 40 million gamers.
“Our strategic partners, advisors and core team have longstanding connections in the gaming and startup communities. That means we have insider access to the top publishers and developers in the world,” Nguyen said.
Gameflip’s ICO target is to raise $5 million (soft cap) to extend its already successful digital goods marketplace onto the Blockchain and to onboard a handful of innovative publishers in a beta period before proceeding with top global publishers. The additional capital, together with the company’s existing financing from Silicon Valley VC firms, will let Gameflip quickly scale and expand its platform.
Learn more about Gameflip, its token sale and its expert team.
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019