Hot on the heels of its successful pre-ICO last month, Gameflip, the veteran Silicon Valley gaming marketplace, has now announced new dates for its much-anticipated ICO: December 4, 2017 through January 29, 2018.
Gameflip’s digital goods marketplace has 2+ million gamers with millions of USD in transactions each month. With FLIP, its digital token and ecosystem, Gameflip is extending its proven marketplace onto the Blockchain — creating significant value for gamers and game publishers.
Gameflip exceeded its pre-sale goal — achieving 112% of its goal with hundreds of people from around the world participating to support the goal of creating a seamless decentralized digital marketplace for gamers. The veteran team has modified its ICO dates to start on December 4, 2017, and end on January 29, 2018, to best meet the needs of its growing community and align with current market trends.
Why are global gamers, industry veterans, and Blockchain enthusiasts flocking to support FLIP? One: gamers will be able to use FLIP on the existing Gameflip platform — creating value and utility for gamers immediately. Two: publisher incentives are built into FLIP, and they are designed to maximize the growth of the network.
Providing a liquid marketplace for digital gaming goods represents a $1 trillion opportunity for the gaming industry. Not surprisingly, others are also trying to build an ecosystem to support these transactions across games. But a key differentiator for Gameflip is its focus on — and existing connections with — game publishers.
“Publishers are the key to success in this market. Our competitors are trying to build marketplaces on the Blockchain without an established platform behind them, an experienced team among them, or an outward focus on publishers guiding them — and that’s simply impossible,” said JT Nguyen, CEO of Gameflip.
Gameflip has great incentives for publishers to put their digital goods onto the Blockchain. It works like this: publishers adopt the use of FLIP and integrate Gameflip’s SDKs with their own games. They receive a generous commission for every Blockchain transaction of those goods that they decide to place onto the Blockchain — that is, for every subsequent transaction of those digital goods, they will have a commission, forever. This opens an entirely new revenue stream for publishers, which promotes quick adoption. In addition, Gameflip has reserved 40% of the total supply of FLIPs to incentivize publishers by allowing them to sell these FLIPs to their community and keep up to 100% of the proceeds.
This publisher-centric model is the product of decades of combined experience in the gaming industry. Prior to founding Gameflip, the company’s core team built the global games publishing business Aeria Games from the ground up, cultivating a community of 40 million gamers.
“Our strategic partners, advisors and core team have longstanding connections in the gaming and startup communities. That means we have insider access to the top publishers and developers in the world,” Nguyen said.
Gameflip’s ICO target is to raise $5 million (soft cap) to extend its already successful digital goods marketplace onto the Blockchain and to onboard a handful of innovative publishers in a beta period before proceeding with top global publishers. The additional capital, together with the company’s existing financing from Silicon Valley VC firms, will let Gameflip quickly scale and expand its platform.
Learn more about Gameflip, its token sale and its expert team.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019