Solar Bankers, a mature company that has the world’s slovenly and inefficient energy markets in its sights, has launched SunCoin in an ICO that will ultimately see the firm using Blockchain technology to develop decentralized, renewable energy community microgrids.
As a crypto enterprise, Solar Bankers is a rare business that is marrying up its own technological innovations with the most advanced Blockchain technology to create a disruptive force so strong that even the world’s energy giants won’t be able to resist.
When people buy SunCoin, they’re purchasing a pioneering cryptocurrency that is one of the first to be built on the SkyLedger Blockchain platform.
The Solar Bankers team chose SkyLedger because it offers near-instant transaction processing, greater security, much better scalability potential and is more environmentally friendly than the Ethereum platform that has been chosen by the majority of ICOs to date.
Helping people profit from the sun
By leveraging the extremely efficient solar hardware developed by a team led by CTO, Dr. Carlo Maragliano, Solar Bankers aims to make small-scale solar energy production profitable for businesses and households throughout the world.
At the same time, Solar Bankers is developing a Blockchain-based, decentralized, peer-to-peer energy market that will enable people to create their own community microgrids. Through these, renewable energy producers will be able to sell their excess electricity to neighbouring energy users.
“We’ve spent years developing Solar Bankers energy-generating technology and have succeeded in creating one of the world’s most efficient photovoltaic systems,” said Dr. Carlo Maragliano, CTO of Solar Bankers.
“We’re currently undertaking pilot projects in Dubai, Turkey and China before finalizing the manufacturing arrangements and bringing our range of products to market.
“The launch of SunCoin in an ICO is the first step in the second part of our mission, which is to create the world’s first peer-to-peer renewable energy marketplace.
“Once up and running, people will be able to use SunCoin to trade energy within our network of renewable energy community microgrids and also to purchase Solar Bankers’ renewable energy hardware.
“It’s an incredibly exciting time for everyone at Solar Bankers. In SkyLedger, we’ve partnered with the best Blockchain platform available. It’s the ideal foundation to support the delivery of our vision of a newly re-wired energy marketplace, one that is both climate friendly and people-powered. The launch of SunCoin marks a crucial milestone on the road to achieving our goals.”
The SunCoin ICO launched on 22nd November and is set to run for one month. However, there are bonuses of up to 40% available for early SunCoin buyers, giving a strong incentive for people to invest early.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018