Solar Bankers, a mature company that has the world’s slovenly and inefficient energy markets in its sights, has launched SunCoin in an ICO that will ultimately see the firm using Blockchain technology to develop decentralized, renewable energy community microgrids.
As a crypto enterprise, Solar Bankers is a rare business that is marrying up its own technological innovations with the most advanced Blockchain technology to create a disruptive force so strong that even the world’s energy giants won’t be able to resist.
When people buy SunCoin, they’re purchasing a pioneering cryptocurrency that is one of the first to be built on the SkyLedger Blockchain platform.
The Solar Bankers team chose SkyLedger because it offers near-instant transaction processing, greater security, much better scalability potential and is more environmentally friendly than the Ethereum platform that has been chosen by the majority of ICOs to date.
Helping people profit from the sun
By leveraging the extremely efficient solar hardware developed by a team led by CTO, Dr. Carlo Maragliano, Solar Bankers aims to make small-scale solar energy production profitable for businesses and households throughout the world.
At the same time, Solar Bankers is developing a Blockchain-based, decentralized, peer-to-peer energy market that will enable people to create their own community microgrids. Through these, renewable energy producers will be able to sell their excess electricity to neighbouring energy users.
“We’ve spent years developing Solar Bankers energy-generating technology and have succeeded in creating one of the world’s most efficient photovoltaic systems,” said Dr. Carlo Maragliano, CTO of Solar Bankers.
“We’re currently undertaking pilot projects in Dubai, Turkey and China before finalizing the manufacturing arrangements and bringing our range of products to market.
“The launch of SunCoin in an ICO is the first step in the second part of our mission, which is to create the world’s first peer-to-peer renewable energy marketplace.
“Once up and running, people will be able to use SunCoin to trade energy within our network of renewable energy community microgrids and also to purchase Solar Bankers’ renewable energy hardware.
“It’s an incredibly exciting time for everyone at Solar Bankers. In SkyLedger, we’ve partnered with the best Blockchain platform available. It’s the ideal foundation to support the delivery of our vision of a newly re-wired energy marketplace, one that is both climate friendly and people-powered. The launch of SunCoin marks a crucial milestone on the road to achieving our goals.”
The SunCoin ICO launched on 22nd November and is set to run for one month. However, there are bonuses of up to 40% available for early SunCoin buyers, giving a strong incentive for people to invest early.
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019