Pundi X, a “cryptocurrency point-of-sale” (POS) solutions provider based in Southeast Asia, announced on Jan. 2 the development of three functional POS devices ahead of the launch of their public token sale on Jan. 21.
Pundi X aims to allow retail store owners and their customers to easily convert between crypto, fiat, and cryptocurrency pairs for payment. The three devices consist of XPOS-1, a medium sized gateway for economical countertop use, XPOS-2 for handheld use outdoor and other venues with limited counter space, and XPOS-3 resembling an iPad and ideal for use in large retail operations seeking to display ads or other information on the screen. All three models are NFC-compatible and integrated with BTC, ETH, XEM, QTUM, as well as mobile wallets and bank cards, the company says.
Zac Cheah, CEO of Pundi X, said in a statement: “Due to the inquiries we received during the roadshows, the team decided to get more working products ready before our public token sale begins. We know that we need to get the devices made immediately and distributed right after the fundraising. 2018 will be an exciting year for Pundi X. We are ready and look forward to getting more cryptocurrencies in more places. ”
Pundi X says it has partnered with a handful of cryptocurrency and other companies to facilitate their POS services – Appsolutely in the Phillipines, WandX and Retainly in India, and CannaSOS and U.CASH in the North American market. In Indonesia, rollout of POS services will partner with existing QR code payment solutions provider and Pundi X affiliate Pundi-Pundi. Pundi-Pundi gathered over 100,000 registered users and 600 merchant partners within their first year of operation, the company says. According to a press release, Pundi-Pundi recently signed a strategic partnership with Warmindo, a food stall subsidiary of Indonesian food company Indofood, to install nearly 45,000 payment gateways for cash-free transactions.
The Pundi X token sale starts Jan. 21 and will run to Jan. 31 or until the $35 million hard cap is achieved. $23 million were raised in the Pundi X presale, according to the company. Pundi X aims to install at least 100,000 XPOS devices over the next three years.
For more information on Pundi X and the upcoming crowd sale, visit https://pundix.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018