The blockchain multimedia platform Current Media announced on Tuesday that it is holding an initial coin offering from March 14 to April 4.
The soft cap of the token sale is $5 million, and the hard cap will not surpass $36 million, according to Current Media, whose investors include celebrity billionaire Mark Cuban.
The total supply of tokens will be limited at 1 billion, with 35 percent of all tokens available for purchase during the ICO.
The remainder of tokens are set to be earned through users’ contributions by consuming media (Current Media is a platform where users can earn tokens by consuming content).
“[Tokens are] ‘mined’ when the user consumes media via the Current platform. Upon consumption, the user earns CRNC to apply towards a premium membership (such as Current’s own premium service or Spotify Premium); and the content creator is rewarded, as well (and can even convert his or her accrued digital currency into fiat currency),” the company explained in its announcement. “Similarly, content curators will be rewarded for discovering content that gains popularity. Everyone participating in Current – consumers, content creators and curators – will be rewarded for referrals, which will prove crucial in Current’s spread.”
Partner networks like Spotify or Youtube will retain their ad revenue and user data for content played within Current while also adding to the conversion funnel for premium services, the company added.
Current stated that it also plans to grant CRNC to partner networks for implementing the Current protocol to directly reward users for content consumption within their own host platform.
The Current app is available in the Apple Store, and the company plans to reward anyone who has the app during the token sale period with a small airdrop of CRNC. The Android version will be available during Q3 of 2018.
The token presale launches on Feb. 7, and those interested in participating can learn more at https://tokensale.current.us/.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018