Faceter, the first facial recognition surveillance technology built on the blockchain, has announced the details of its initial coin offering (ICO): a presale starts Feb 1, with a crowdsale running March 10 to April 30 2018.
Faceter uses a fog network of miners to analyze video content in real time and evaluate faces, objects and events. Fog architecture is employed as a decentralized computing infrastructure layer that distributes data, compute, storage and applications in the most logical places.
Most current image recognition technologies for video are only possible after footage has been stored for later analysis. The process also requires systems at scale that are usually only accessible to enterprise customers, as opposed to consumers. Faceter’s innovative concept is to leverage a network of GPU miners to process split sections of a video feed, allowing analysis at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems and providing miners with revenue, the company said in a statement.
The Faceter computer vision algorithm has an accuracy rate of 99.78 percent as measured using LFW benchmarks and 79.5 percent on the MegaFace scale. The company has tested its technology within several real world applications and has been certified by the global video camera manufacturer Axis.
Faceter said it will use proceeds from the token sale to fund the development of decentralized processing for its computer vision algorithm in order to bring the technology to the mass market.
The founding members of the company are themselves distributed in various countries. They began collaboration in 2014 with an R&D project in the field of image recognition, based on neural networks and machine learning.
“We decided to go with an ICO because we see a vast, largely untapped potential market, especially in the segment of AI-solutions for home users,” said Faceter’s CEO and cofounder Robert Pothier, in a statement. “Many companies look in this direction. We are not just looking. We already have the market-ready advanced technology developed that will become affordable for consumers thanks to the miners who participate in our network and provide computational equipment.”
To learn more about Faceter and their upcoming ICO, visit https://faceter.io.
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018
- Crypto Unsuitable to Replace Fiat for Everyday Transactions: BIS Report - June 19, 2018
- Deep Dive: TRON’s Acquisition of BitTorrent - June 18, 2018
- UK Blockchain Projects Race Against the Clock to Make Brexit Doable - June 15, 2018
- SingularityNET and DeepBrain Chain Partner for AI Dev’t Platform - June 14, 2018
- Accenture Healthcare Report: Blockchain a “Critical Component” - June 13, 2018
- ShelterZoom: Interest in Blockchain Real Estate Solution Ramps Up - June 13, 2018
- Chainalysis Research Reveals Extent to Which Bitcoin Wealth Is Concentrated - June 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup R3 Could Burn Through $100 Million In Just Two Years, Sources Claim - June 11, 2018
- How Blockchain Will Change Cities: Report - June 11, 2018
- Crypto Developers Respond To Microsoft’s GitHub Acquisition - June 11, 2018
- Morgan Stanley Offers Insight Into Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain - June 7, 2018
- Empower’s Speedy Financial App Integrates Major Crypto Exchanges - June 6, 2018
- Huobi Launches HB10 Crypto Index Tracking Product - June 5, 2018
- Singapore’s DREP and Quarkchain to Accelerate Scaling and Interoperability - June 4, 2018
- Bittrex Rolls out Fiat Currency Trading for Corporate Customers - June 4, 2018
- Deutsche Börse Lays Out Blockchain and Technology Focus in 2020 Strategy - June 1, 2018
- Tezos Prepares Beta Launch - June 1, 2018
- Swytch Announces Crowdsale Dates, Joins Energy Web Foundation - May 31, 2018
- EOS Mainnet Move: 174+ Block Producer Candidates Vie for Election - May 31, 2018
- Swiss Crowdfunding Grows By Leaps And Bounds, Raising 3X Last Year’s Totals - May 29, 2018
- Everipedia Prepares June Airdrop Supported by Multiple Crypto Exchanges - May 25, 2018
- Future of Global Trade: 250 Experts Polled on Tech, Finance & Blockchain - May 22, 2018
- KODAKCoin SAFT Launches Today - May 21, 2018
- Stratis Announces Alpha Release of Smart Contracts in C# - May 21, 2018
- Pan-African FinTech Firm Cellulant Raises $47.5 Million, Scales up Blockchain Division - May 18, 2018
- Deloitte Showcases Blockchain Projects at Consensus 2018 - May 17, 2018
- ConsenSys Teams up with Amazon to Deliver Streamlined Access to Blockchain - May 17, 2018
- Coinify to Broker Funds Raised in Blockshipping ICO - May 17, 2018
- Deloitte Survey Numbers Demonstrate Executive Faith in Blockchain - May 16, 2018
- Flyingcarpet Counts Coconuts in Papua New Guinea in ‘World First’ Demo - May 15, 2018
- Devcash Blockchain Clocks in at 2.5 Million Transactions per Second - May 15, 2018
- Verv Partners with Ocean Protocol for Improved Consumer Energy Data - May 15, 2018
- Energi Mine Launches Beta Version of Energy-Saving Rewards Program - May 15, 2018
- Shyft Whitepaper Outlines New Standards for Regulatory Compliance - May 14, 2018
- Stratis Announces Zero Fee Platform for Launching ICOs - May 11, 2018
- CG Blockchain Closes $31 Million Public Sale for Crypto Terminal - May 11, 2018
- New York Stock Exchange Owners Prepare Bitcoin Trading Platform - May 10, 2018