Open-source, distributed computing platform æternity has announced, last week, a partnership with Erlang Solutions, which develops fault-tolerant systems that scale, based on the Erlang and Elixir languages. æternity intends to utilize Erlang to help scale æternity’s distributed system and peer-to-peer (P2P) network, with fault-tolerant systems capable of serving billions of potential users to drive the mainstream adoption of blockchain technology, said the company’s statement.
According to data from Token Report, æternity is headquartered in Bulgaria and was founded in 2016 by Yanislav Malahov, who claims to be the “Godfather” of Ethereum. With its consensus mechanism, the company raised approximately CHF 29 million in its 2017 campaign, according to its statement. It claims to be able to handle large volumes of products and information in parallel with state channel design for off-chain verification of data and smart contracts, allowing transactions to be independent of each other and increasing transaction speed and scalability with no compromise to privacy.
The partnership between the two companies will also strive to tackle consensus mechanism-related challenges, which have proved problematic for blockchain developers, says aeternity’s statement. Erlang has previously worked with WhatsApp, bet365, and AOL.
“As scalability issues continue to plague modern blockchains, innovative, comprehensible, and truly revolutionary solutions must be pursued if they are ever to achieve widespread adoption,” Malahov said, in the statement. “We are thrilled to be collaborating with Erlang Solutions to strengthen our work towards overcoming these challenges and are eager to bring our ground-breaking technology to billions of users worldwide. Having numerous clients around the globe spanning from startups to Fortune 500 companies, Erlang Solutions has gained invaluable experience and thrives when working on complex cases and providing solutions to distributed systems.”
The launch of the æternity main-net is scheduled for Q2 of 2018.
For more information about æternity visit: https://www.aeternity.com/
For more information about Erlang Solutions visit: https://www.erlang-solutions.com/
- Wanchain CEO Jack Lu: Why 2.0 is a Milestone for the Entire Blockchain Industry - July 23, 2018
- Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick Off European Tour - July 20, 2018
- Peter Gabriel Backs British Blockchain Startup Provenance - July 18, 2018
- Bitfinex CEO Hits Back at Fraud Expert’s Study Linking Tether to Crypto Price Manipulation - June 13, 2018
- Pundi X Moves Into Europe - June 5, 2018
- Dying for Crypto: The Ultimate ICO Publicity Stunt? - May 25, 2018
- Blockchain City Dubai Hosts Showstopping Summit, Unveils Registry to Expedite Business - May 8, 2018
- Crypto Tax: Victory for Tokenized Protest & Calls for Worldwide Reform - April 26, 2018
- Taking the Temperature at London’s Blockchain Expo 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Death Knell for Crypto in Poland? Poles Mobilze to Protest Crippling Tax Law - April 11, 2018
- Taiwan’s NOWnews Announces Plan to Launch Blockchain-Based Media Platform - April 3, 2018
- Study on 100 ICOs Identifies Social Reach, No. Of Advisors and a Raise of $10M as Key Factors for Success - April 2, 2018
- Exchange Group TMX Issues Guidance to Crypto and Blockchain Issuers - March 30, 2018
- DeepMind’s AI Pioneers Launch Fetch.ai – the World’s First Smart Ledger - March 29, 2018
- Kleros Joins Forces with Dether to Launch Decentralized Arbitration for Cryptocurrency Traders - March 26, 2018
- Future Crypto: 7 Clean Sneaks Past China’s ICO Ban - March 26, 2018
- Proxeus & Mount10 Partner to Provide Military-Grade Storage Security - March 22, 2018
- Playboy Pounces on Blockchain, Plans Crypto Wallet - March 14, 2018
- Crypto Leaders Speak out as US Regulatory Uncertainty Around ICOs Continues - March 9, 2018
- EU Proposes Pan-European Licensing Plan for ICOs - March 8, 2018