A group of global tech companies, alumni of the 500 Startups Global Seed Accelerator program 2017, has formed the 22X Fund, offering investors equity in up to 30 startups, via an initial coin offering (ICO). USD 22 million has already been raised in presale, according to a statement released earlier this month.
“ICOs are all the rage right now, but few have a concrete offering underpinning the value of their token,” said Judolaunch founder Chris Rawlings, who is participating in the 22X Fund. “Since ICOs represent a new form of early-stage funding, 22X is leading the way by offering a token that gives investors real value right from the start.”
The name 22X was derived from “Batch 22” of the 500 Startups Global Seed Accelerator program, in which all of the participating companies were included. They are: Agentbong, COR, Cryptomover, Elyse28, FalaFreud, FinCheck, FreightRoll, Fyodor Bio, Jones, Judolaunch, LaborVoices, Mailhaven, Mobile Forms, Myndlift, Next Play, Ohalo, OpenUp, Payment24, Plum, Public Goods, Rapa, reDock, REVER, ShortPoint, Sofy.ai, Stealth Co., TEXEL, TrueFace, VCV, and WayPay.
In addition to offering exposure to early-stage companies, the 22X Fund promises investors lower fees, compared to traditional venture capital or ICO investments, and does not subject them to carried interest, the 22X Fund stated in its announcement.
According to its statement, to facilitate the purchase and transfer of tokens among qualified investors, 22X Fund used the Securitize.io platform, its subsidary Securitize Capital LLC was engaged to act as investment manager.
“22X can be thought of as a trailblazer in tokenization. We firmly believe we are accelerating toward a future where paper-based securities are completely extinct. 22X is at the forefront of innovation in what might be considered the first issuance of tokens in which returns are based on the success of a select group of promising startups. We are proud to be powering the 22X offering with the Securitize platform,” said Carlos Domingo, Securitize co-founder and president, in a statement.
Go to www.22xfund.com for more details.
image from https://twitter.com/22xFund
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018