Climatecoin has announced, in January, that Jose Lindo will replace James Haft as the new CEO of the organization. The former CEO of 2050 Life Investments, Lindo has worked on climate fundraising related projects for a number of governments, as well as the United Nations Climate Programme, Plant for the Planet, which saw him help fund the planting of 47 million trees in Spain.
According to their statement, Climatecoin aims to invest in companies around the world that are designing systems and technologies to fight climate change. As more individual citizens around the world search for ways to contribute to the fight against climate change, beyond the actions of their communities and governments, the company expects the value of these early-stage companies to increase. The organization states that it is not politically motivated and seeks only better organization and management of the world’s resources.
James Haft, the former Climatecoin CEO, will remain with the organization as Chairman of the Board of Directors. He said, in a September 2017 interview: “The Climatecoin team are experts in making companies profitable. Normally, most of these companies that create sustainable products or services struggle to become competitive due to the lack of investment or proper management. We will help them grow by investing in them, so they may create competitive products that change the way we do things or [become] substitutes for popular products that harm the environment.”
Climate Coin is headquartered in the US, according to Token Report data. Its ICO is currently open and began on Dec 1, 2017.
To learn more about Climatecoin, visit https://climatecoin.io/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018