Stryking Entertainment, developer of the fantasy football platform Football-Stars, announced on Tuesday that it’s planning to “revolutionize” online, imaginary soccer with an Ethereum-based utility token known as STRYKZ.
“As passionate fantasy sports fans ourselves, we’re aiming to extend our existing platform with the introduction of STRYKZ,” said the company’s founder and CEO, Dirk Weyel, in a statement. “Users can earn STRYKZ by contributing to the overall in-game experience and growth of the Football-Stars platform and spend the tokens to experience additional functionalities or unlock features like challenging other gamers in token-based matches.”
The Berlin-based firm says users will still be able to play on the platform for free. The extended functionality will give them the chance to act as both coach and manager, setting up teams of real players and competing against each other. Results are calculated based on the actual players’ real-life performance data.
Additionally, token holders will be given access to the Football-Stars “VIP club.” Benefits include early access to new features, special virtual fan items and merchandise that can only be purchased by STRYKZ, according to the company.
“The implemented user-centric approach with a sophisticated reward and spending mechanism will lead to further enhancement of Football-Stars,” the company stated. “From coding to updating players statistics and injury statuses, many aspects of the platform will soon be open to all users, creating a deeply engaged and ever-expanding community. Moving towards this community-driven approach, the Football-Stars platform is primed for significant growth.”
While the private pre-sale for early contributors has already begun, Stryking Entertainment said that the official token sale event will take place in the spring of this year. The company stated that its goal is to raise USD 18 million.
To learn more about the STRYKZ token and to read its whitepaper, visit http://www.strykz.io/.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018