The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, better known as the IEEE, and the IEEE Standards Association will host a Blockchain for Clinical Trials Forum, at the Orlando Science Center on Feb 12, 2018. The one-day event aims to bring together US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), leaders from the world’s most advanced pharmaceutical corporations and blockchain developers to report on the progress of test studies, current use cases and challenges.
The Forum will begin with a keynote address, “An Integrated and Compliant Healthcare Ecosystem With Blockchain”, presented by Vahan Simonyan, Lead Scientist and R&D Director of biological research targetted, distributed computing environment HIVE. Simonyan also serves as an FDA Adjunct Professor at George Washington University.
Co-Chair of the IEEE-Standard’s Association Supply Chain/Clinical Trials Industry Connections Program, Dr. Tim Mackey said in a statement, “IEEE is the ideal protagonist in convening technologists and clinical experts to evaluate and advance viable applications of blockchain for clinical trials use cases that will lead to enhanced patient safety and innovate the drug development lifecycle. Thus far, stakeholder interest in the initiative and the upcoming IEEE Blockchain for Clinical Trials Forum is strong, and we encourage even broader participation and input from vested healthcare and regulatory partners in order to identify pertinent issues and more viable use cases that can help us advance industry-wide adoption.”
Presentations will also include the Blockchain Technology for Improving Clinical Research Quality position paper, presented by BCT Forum faculty member Mehdi Benchouf and director of the Paris based INSERM Epidemiology and Biostatistics Research Center, Philippe Ravaud. The paper outlines the complex flows of data and metadata in clinical trials and how documentation and other vital components can be stored safely and securely on the blockchain.
To learn more and register for the Blockchain for Clinical Trials Forum, visit https://blockchain.ieee.org/clinicaltrialsforum-2018/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018