Aiming to disrupt the current model of ticket sales, as well as offer fans improved experiences and rewards, the London Football Exchange (LFE) announced, at the end of January, that it will launch an initial coin offering on Feb 12.
LFE describes itself as a “global movement to create the ultimate sports community, where fans partake in exclusive club and fan experiences”. It states that its goal is to allow football clubs to raise funds by selling tokens to fans, who can, in turn, use the platform to purchase tickets, merchandise, and other products. The LFE, which claims to be the world’s first stock exchange for football clubs, offers clubs a new way to raise capital, says the statement. A further objective is to disrupt the current model of ticket sales, with zero fees for ticketing. According to the LFE, some UK football clubs who outsource their match day and season ticketing are paying around 5 percent in fees.
Discussions about implementing the technology are underway with more than 50 clubs, according to the LFE, including prominent teams throughout Europe, the USA, and Australia, as well as the UK’s Premier League.
“The LFE aims to become a ‘one-stop-shop’ for clubs of all sizes to raise capital via equity sales and also offer LFE contributors a wealth of fan experiences and social interaction,” said LFE CEO, Scott Smith, in a statement. “Clubs will be encouraged to offer some equity through the LFE and required to offer a minimum number of unique experiences or special offers so that the real fans can take part in their favorite clubs,”
As part of its initial coin offering, LFE will generate a total of four billion tokens, with 2.4 billion available for general sale. The tokens will be priced at USD 0.20, which equates to a fundraising goal of approximately USD 350 million, the company stated. The pre-sale will end on Feb 11, with the public sale taking place from Feb 12 to May 20.
The LFE Platform will use the Ripple and Stellar networks, with Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple all accepted, together with bank transfers of British pounds, Euros, US dollars, Australian dollars and Swiss francs.
For more information, visit https://lfe.com/ito.html.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018