California-based Lino announced, earlier this month, that it has raised USD 20 million in funding from its private token sale, which will be used to help build a video distribution network with blockchain technology. Lino CEO Wilson Wei said the network aims to “eliminate the middleman in video streaming.”
While traditional video platforms have significant partnership hurdles and take a cut of up to 60 percent, Lino offers free transactions, with customers using LINO tokens to pay content creators. The company stated that its aim of creating a decentralized means of distribution ensures content value goes directly to creators and affiliated contributors.
“We believe that blockchain has enormous potential to empower video creators by decentralizing how their content is distributed and ensuring that their earnings go directly into their pockets,” said Lino CEO Wilson Wei, in a statement.
The USD 20 million was secured during a private token sale led by ZhenFund, said Lino, in the statement. XhenFund is seed stage focused and based in Beijing, China.
Lino, which was founded by a team of UC Berkeley, Stanford and Columbia alumni, said the funding will be used to develop Lino Blockchain and its video streaming DApp, both of which will be launching later this year.
To learn more about Lino, follow them on Twitter.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018