Bitcoin pioneer, Charlie Shrem has joined financial technology investment platform BnkToTheFuture as advisor, in the run up to its initial coin offering (ICO), the company announced on Friday. BnkToTheFuture reached its private presale hard cap of USD 30 million within 15 hours. Its BFT token will be available via a token sale starting Feb 16, 2018. Whitelisting for the ICO ends today.
One of the most sought-after blockchain experts, Shrem is a founding board member of the Bitcoin Foundation. In 2011, he co-founded the now-defunct startup BitInstant. His most recent enterprise is CryptoIQ.co, an educational hub for cryptocurrency newcomers and investors.
“Investing in cryptocurrency has come a long way since the early days of Bitcoin, but there’s still a long way to go in achieving higher industry standards,” said Shrem, in a statement. “With BnkToTheFuture, I see a platform that provides professionalism, compliance, and transparency that is unmatched in today’s ecosystem. I look forward to helping BnkToTheFuture continue to grow and strengthen its offering.”
Cayman Islands-registered BnkToTheFuture claims to be the largest global online investment platform focused exclusively on fintech, bitcoin and blockchain ventures. According to its statement, the platform is in line with international financial regulations and over USD 270 million has been invested on it to date. Those listed include BitFinex, BitStamp, Kraken and ShapeShift.
BnkToTheFuture will incorporate blockchain technology to allow for the trading of securities tokens and will issue its own token, BFT, to support deal flow analysis, due diligence and investor relations on the platform, said the satement.
According to the statement, Shrem joins a list of BnkToTheFuture advisors that includes Vinny Lingham, Civic CEO; Bo Shen, partner at Fenbushi Capital; Bill Barhydt, CEO of Abra; Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar, CEO and co-founder of RSK; Michael Terpin, CEO of Transform Group, founder of CoinAgenda, and co-founder of BitAngels; Sunny Ray, president of Unocoin; David Johnston, chairman of Factom and co-founder of BitAngels; Li Huo, director at Huobi Capital; Adam Vaziri, blockchain lawyer and director at Diacol; Brian Lio, CEO at Smith + Crown; Matt Chwierut, researcher at Smith + Crown; Tony Simonovsky, CEO of InsightCryp.to; and Simon Seojoon Kim, CEO of Blockchain Partners Korea.
For more information, visit https://bnktothefuture.com/.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018