Cryptocurrency-powered investment platform, EQUI announced on Wednesday that it will be holding a public initial coin offering (ICO), from March 8-31, 2018. EQUI’s core investment model will be to take equity or loan positions in innovative businesses that can demonstrate vision and scalability. It offers an investment platform where a tokens’ value is directly underpinned by the quality of the underlying investment projects it features.
“This makes it a game-changer in the crypto space, where projects have traditionally been valued based on hype and not asset values,” the company stated.
According to the announcement, EQUI is a web-based application that uses the Ethereum blockchain to process and store credentials, information and transactions, including the acquisition of project stakes, distribution of profits, and the deployment of investment returns and investor rewards.
Projects are showcased on the platform and participants use “EQUItokens” to acquire a stake in projects. Upon realization, returns are distributed to those who have invested in the projects, according to the announcement.
“EQUI brings venture capital investing into the modern technological era and opens the investment playing-field up to non-industry professionals, enabling them to back the next hot investment that is traditionally the preserve of institutions and ultra-high net worth individuals,” stated EQUI cofounder Doug Barrowman.
Investors who commit their tokens to underlying projects will receive 70 percent of profits generated by projects they participate in, and a further five percent will be awarded to those who leave their token within the platform, the company stated. These businesses may require not only capital, but also expertise to steer the venture to optimization and fulfil their true potential, the company added.
According to the statement, the creation of the platform follows the launch, by EQUI founders Barrowman and Michelle Mone, of a USD 300 million property development in the heart of Dubai – the first of this scale to be offered for sale in a cryptocurrency.
For more information and to read EQUI’s whitepaper, go to www.equi.capital.
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018
- CheapAir Now Accepts Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Dash - May 22, 2018
- Foxconn Buys Into Cambridge Blockchain with $7 Million Investment - May 21, 2018
- Exscudo Launches EON Mainet for Access to Capital Markets - May 16, 2018
- Poland Becomes First Country to Put Banking Records on Blockchain - May 16, 2018
- AllRites Asian Broadcast Content Platform Looks to Blockchain to Solve Industry Issues - May 11, 2018
- Synereo Partners with the YouTube of China to Decentralize Content Economy - May 11, 2018
- Binance, Medici Ventures Set up in Bermuda as Territory Touts Blockchain-Friendly Status - May 8, 2018
- Blocksquare Launches Real Estate Token Sale and Pilot Program - April 27, 2018
- Blockchain Sports Platform chiliZ Raises $27m - April 25, 2018
- Verv Conducts UK’s First Blockchain Energy Trade - April 20, 2018
- Wanchain Announces First Cohort of Incubating Blockchain Companies - April 20, 2018
- OKEx Announces Expansion to Blockchain-Friendly Malta - April 16, 2018
- AlphaBit Fee-Free Crypto Exchange Launches - April 13, 2018
- Office-Provider Knotel Raises $70m, Readies Blockchain Tech - April 12, 2018
- Proxeus Reaches Major Milestone in Registering Company via Blockchain Tech - April 11, 2018
- Ranieri Partners With Symbiont to Bring Blockchain to Mortgage Market - April 9, 2018
- Securitize Taps Carlos Domingo to Head Operations - April 6, 2018
- Tim Draper’s Dragon Fund Backs OPEN’s App Payment Tech - March 30, 2018
- NEM Launches Catapult Blockchain Platform Update - March 29, 2018
- Outlier Ventures-Backed Seed Vault and Bottish Partner for Blockchain Bot Platform - March 28, 2018
- Blocksquare Gets Set for Blockchain Real Estate Platform Crowdsale - March 26, 2018
- Overledger Wants to Enable DApps to Communicate Cross-Platform, Presale Launched - March 20, 2018
- QuantmRE Plans to Democratize Real Estate With Equity-Backed Tokens - March 19, 2018
- A Multi-Asset Blockchain-Based Exchange, TradeConnect ICO Launches March 27 - March 15, 2018
- Tezos Foundation Funds Obsidian Systems to Develop Security Solutions - March 14, 2018
- Ambisafe’s Orderbook Launches Token to Ensure Regulatory Compliance - March 13, 2018
- Recruitment Platform ShiftPixy Moves Into Blockchain, Sees Share Price Soar - March 9, 2018
- Arctic Blockchain Raises CAD 10m, Acquires Crypto-Miner Hyrdo66 - March 8, 2018
- BLOC Targets Game Console Crypto Mining, Acquires Coinstream - March 7, 2018
- Blockchain-Based Virtual Reality Firm, VRT World Announces March ICO - March 5, 2018
- Encrypted SIKURPhone Claims to Protect Data and Cryptocurrency - February 28, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Closes $33m Offering, Sells Out in Less Than 15 Hours - February 27, 2018
- BetterBetting Lists on HitBTC Exchange - February 26, 2018
- Profile Club Touts Coworking Model as Path to Real Estate Ownership - February 26, 2018
- Medici Ventures’ Bitt Inc. to Create Digital Payments Ecosystem in Montserrat - February 21, 2018
- Neuromation and Longenesis Partner to Transform Healthcare With Blockchain and AI - February 20, 2018
- IdentityMind Raises $10m, Outlines Expansion Plans - February 16, 2018