Cryptocurrency-powered investment platform, EQUI announced on Wednesday that it will be holding a public initial coin offering (ICO), from March 8-31, 2018. EQUI’s core investment model will be to take equity or loan positions in innovative businesses that can demonstrate vision and scalability. It offers an investment platform where a tokens’ value is directly underpinned by the quality of the underlying investment projects it features.
“This makes it a game-changer in the crypto space, where projects have traditionally been valued based on hype and not asset values,” the company stated.
According to the announcement, EQUI is a web-based application that uses the Ethereum blockchain to process and store credentials, information and transactions, including the acquisition of project stakes, distribution of profits, and the deployment of investment returns and investor rewards.
Projects are showcased on the platform and participants use “EQUItokens” to acquire a stake in projects. Upon realization, returns are distributed to those who have invested in the projects, according to the announcement.
“EQUI brings venture capital investing into the modern technological era and opens the investment playing-field up to non-industry professionals, enabling them to back the next hot investment that is traditionally the preserve of institutions and ultra-high net worth individuals,” stated EQUI cofounder Doug Barrowman.
Investors who commit their tokens to underlying projects will receive 70 percent of profits generated by projects they participate in, and a further five percent will be awarded to those who leave their token within the platform, the company stated. These businesses may require not only capital, but also expertise to steer the venture to optimization and fulfil their true potential, the company added.
According to the statement, the creation of the platform follows the launch, by EQUI founders Barrowman and Michelle Mone, of a USD 300 million property development in the heart of Dubai – the first of this scale to be offered for sale in a cryptocurrency.
For more information and to read EQUI’s whitepaper, go to www.equi.capital.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018