Peer-to-peer employment marketplace bitJob, which specializes in connecting students and businesses, announced on Tuesday a new partnership with the Blockchain projects division of the Dutch government. The news comes after a successful USD 2.7 million fundraiser by the company in late 2017.
In addition to providing a decentralized job marketplace and payment system, bitJob seeks to address the needs of a rapidly-changing job market, says the announcement. Many students graduate from university with little or no practical skills in their area of study. The company aims to match students’ availability and service offering to a customized job category, taking into account their past experience and professional abilities.
Completed jobs will be recorded on the bitJob blockchain, making users’ skillsets and capabilities more accessible and reliable for employers, who currently depend on information from Linkedin or CVs that can contain misleading information or overstate key accomplishments or proficiencies, says the company.
The bitJob platform will also allow businesses to offer student loans and other financial aid to promising users.
Co-Founder and CEO of bitJob, Dror Medalion, said, in a statement: “The employment market is moving towards online jobs without the need for physical access to offices or factories. We love to call this era the Industrial Revolution 2.0. Working with the Dutch government organization that is in charge of the Blockchain project will help us deploy our pilot project in Holland, enabling students to find employment and transact with small/big businesses across the nation.”
To learn more about bitJob, visit https://bitjob.io/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018