Wanchain, the distributed financial infrastructure powered by cross-blockchain smart contracts, on Thursday announced it has teamed with multiple Austin companies to form the Austin Blockchain Collective (ABC). With a mission to advance blockchain-based education to the local community and grow the ecosystem, ABC plans to engage with policymakers to advance Austin as a hub for blockchain innovation.
According to the announcement, initial participants of the ABC include Wanchain, Multicoin Capital, Capital Factory, Lighthouse Partners, Factom, Decred, Steemit, TEN Capital Group, DecentraNet, AMSYS Blockchain, Austin.city, Algebraix Data, Laurence Ventures, Williams Technology Group, SeriesX, UlaHealth, Kilroy Blockchain, Chain Business Insights, GovernanceChain, Hatch Crypto and Windmill Enterprise.
Less than a year ago, there were approximately a dozen blockchain companies in Austin. Today that number is more than 50 and growing, according to the announcement. Austin boasts a diversified tech ecosystem, a business-friendly environment, a socially-conscious government and excellent transport links. The University of Texas at Austin recently added blockchain content to its graduate programs with plans to host a conference in April 2018.
“The founding participants of the Austin Blockchain Collective recognize the value of a thriving local blockchain ecosystem,” said Dustin Byington, President of Wanchain and Executive Committee Member of ABC, in a statement. “Bringing Austin’s blockchain builders and businesses together is a foundational step towards making Austin the global blockchain force we know it can be.”
ABC participants plan to work together to advocate for the adoption of blockchain innovation at the local level and for the larger global ecosystem, according to the statement. The collective’s mission is to provide blockchain education while fostering connections across business and consumer-focused applications.
Initial financial support for the Austin Blockchain Collective is provided by Wanchain. The company is rebuilding the financial services industry using private cross-blockchain smart contracts, says the statement. Built in China and headquartered in Austin, TX, Wanchain’s currency-agnostic platform for global financial services is registered in Singapore as a non-profit organization. The Wanchain Foundation was initially funded by Wanglu Tech, a for-profit enterprise with investors including River Capital and Fenbushi Capital.
To learn more about WanChaiin, visit wanchain.org,
More information about ABC is available at www.austinblockchaincollective.com.
- Wanchain CEO Jack Lu: Why 2.0 is a Milestone for the Entire Blockchain Industry - July 23, 2018
- Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick Off European Tour - July 20, 2018
- Peter Gabriel Backs British Blockchain Startup Provenance - July 18, 2018
- Bitfinex CEO Hits Back at Fraud Expert’s Study Linking Tether to Crypto Price Manipulation - June 13, 2018
- Pundi X Moves Into Europe - June 5, 2018
- Dying for Crypto: The Ultimate ICO Publicity Stunt? - May 25, 2018
- Blockchain City Dubai Hosts Showstopping Summit, Unveils Registry to Expedite Business - May 8, 2018
- Crypto Tax: Victory for Tokenized Protest & Calls for Worldwide Reform - April 26, 2018
- Taking the Temperature at London’s Blockchain Expo 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Death Knell for Crypto in Poland? Poles Mobilze to Protest Crippling Tax Law - April 11, 2018
- Taiwan’s NOWnews Announces Plan to Launch Blockchain-Based Media Platform - April 3, 2018
- Study on 100 ICOs Identifies Social Reach, No. Of Advisors and a Raise of $10M as Key Factors for Success - April 2, 2018
- Exchange Group TMX Issues Guidance to Crypto and Blockchain Issuers - March 30, 2018
- DeepMind’s AI Pioneers Launch Fetch.ai – the World’s First Smart Ledger - March 29, 2018
- Kleros Joins Forces with Dether to Launch Decentralized Arbitration for Cryptocurrency Traders - March 26, 2018
- Future Crypto: 7 Clean Sneaks Past China’s ICO Ban - March 26, 2018
- Proxeus & Mount10 Partner to Provide Military-Grade Storage Security - March 22, 2018
- Playboy Pounces on Blockchain, Plans Crypto Wallet - March 14, 2018
- Crypto Leaders Speak out as US Regulatory Uncertainty Around ICOs Continues - March 9, 2018
- EU Proposes Pan-European Licensing Plan for ICOs - March 8, 2018