A platform that builds, maintains and analyzes digital identities, IdentityMind Global announced, on Wednesday, that it has closed a USD 10 million round of financing. The new round was co-led by Benhamou Global Ventures and Eastern Link Capital and included Hanna Ventures, Overstock.com, and Zanadu Capital Partners.
Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne said, in a statement: “IdentityMind has been at the forefront of helping companies navigate the regulatory compliance waters of the fast-growing, multi-billion dollar cryptocurrency and ICO industry. ICOs and cryptocurrencies are going mainstream, and IdentityMind is one of the key players in helping ensure transparency, legitimacy, security and compliance which will only lead to faster and greater marketplace adoption.”
The funds will be used to drive expansion in Asia, Latin America, and Europe, said the company in a statement. Funds will also be used to build the company’s new business unit, which is dedicated to providing know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) solutions to address the regulatory and compliance requirements of the initial coin offering (ICO) and cryptocurrency markets.
IdentityMind provides a platform that builds, maintains and analyzes digital identities worldwide, allowing companies to perform identity proofing, risk-based authentication, regulatory identification, and to detect and prevent identity fraud, according to the company’s statement. As well as AML and KYC, the platform provides transaction-monitoring, sanctions-screening and fraud-prevention solutions.
Due to increasingly frequent identity theft, data breaches and a corresponding loss of personally identifiable information, demand for identity-based solutions is exploding, says IdentityMind. According to the 2017 Norton Cyber Security Insights Report, cyber-criminals were responsible for incurring USD 172 billion worth of damages to 978 million consumers in 20 countries in 2017.
“The market demand for digital identity-based solutions in today’s global digital economy is booming,” said the company’s CEO, Garrett Gafke, in a stement. “IdentityMind, the pioneer in digital identities, with hundreds of customers spanning six continents, is uniquely positioned to meet growing global market demand.”
For more information, visit the company’s website: https://www.identitymindglobal.com
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018