HD Group announced on Wednesday that it will issue a token tied to the value of equity shares in the company, a managed IT services firm based in Auckland, New Zealand.
According to a press release, HD plans to issue 1 billion HDCoins, a token on the Ethereum blockchain, with the total issuance representing a 10 percent shareholding in the company. All 1 billion tokens will be offered for sale in an initial coin offering (ICO), with a presale set to begin March 20. HD Group says dividends will be used to buy back and burn the tokens.
The company aims to raise USD 13.75 million in its ICO and use the capital to expand existing business and launch new products and services. Plans for 2018 include an ICO exchange, an ICO incubator and expansion into power and mobile sectors. Further out, the company plans to develop software-as-a-service (SaaS) accounting and OpenStack cloud hosting platforms.
“We’re accountable to our investors and we have a legal structure whereby HDCoin holders will be beneficiaries of shareholding in the HD Group,” CEO Ben Simpson said in a statement. “HDCoin Trust will safeguard the interests of the investors.”
To learn more, visit https://hdcoin.co/.
- Nobody Wants to Use Crypto Tokens: SelfKey Found a Workaround - July 3, 2018
- Is Ethereum Apple? Or Is It IBM? - May 22, 2018
- China’s JD.com to Open Blockchain Accelerator - February 26, 2018
- Tezos Board Shake-up: Gevers Steps Down - February 22, 2018
- NZ Company Announces Security Token ICO - February 22, 2018
- NnBU Plans €15m ICO to Fund an on-Chain Neonatal Medical Device - February 21, 2018
- This Week’s ICO Pick: Refereum Has the Momentum, Not the Mechanics or the Market - February 6, 2018
- This Week’s ICO Pick: Bee Token (Analysis) - January 30, 2018
- 7 Must-Ask Questions for Crypto Investors - January 30, 2018
- New EOS Fund Pools $325M From Novogratz & Block.one - January 23, 2018
- ICO Picks and Snow Shovels, This Week (Plus 7 Red Flags) - January 23, 2018
- The ICO Winter Has Arrived: Analysis & Data - January 21, 2018
- TechCrunch Founder Michael Arrington Joins Crypto Token Aelf as Advisor - January 17, 2018
- ICO Picks This Week: Bluzelle Review Plus 16 Red Flags - January 17, 2018
- Pocketinns to Open SEC-Registered ICO - January 15, 2018
- ICO Picks & Red Flags for This Week - January 10, 2018
- INS Closes $42M ICO for Decentralized Grocery Delivery - December 27, 2017