Overstock.com today disclosed that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating the USD 250 million initial coin offering (ICO) of its blockchain subsidiary, tZero and that it has updated its ICO arrangements after a presale that raised over USD 100 million.
Investors now have the opportunity for a refund or further participation, as the company strives to meet SEC regulations.
In what the company calls the Subsequent Sale Period, investors can buy the rights to acquire /tZERO tokens, subject to lengthy regulatory requirements, in a process facilitated by US-based SaftLaunch, and regulatory ICO platform StartEngine.com (StartEngine).
The tZERO tokens are sold through Simple Agreements for Future Equity (SAFEs) at USD 10.00 per tZERO token, according to the press release. US investors will only be permitted participate if they are accredited, as defined in the Securities Act.
As of March 1, 2018, tZERO said it entered into SAFES with some 1,100 Purchasers for approximately USD 114.6 million of Tokens, of which USD 100.6 million has been funded. tZERO also extended the offering until May 14.
Investors who executed a SAFE on or prior to today, may rescind it and receive a full refund until March 8, 2018, the press release said.
The UK’s FT reported that Overstock, dropped 10 percent as news of the SEC’s request for details of the tZero ICO emerged.
Further details of tZero’s updated offering appear here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1130713/000110465918013731/a18-7242_1ex99d1.htm
Website link t0.com
image: by U.S. Government [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018