Crowdfunded cryptocurrency mining operation, Miner One has successfully reached its soft cap of 3,000 ETH within the first five days of its token sale. More than 3,000 investors have participated in the public crowdsale to date, according to a statement released last Wednesday. The Miner One program is focused, initially, on establishing a crypto mining center in Lulea, Sweden, Europe’s premier nation for renewable energy sourced primarily from hydroelectric power.
The cost of energy alone can consume 30 to 60 percent of a mining operation’s revenues, according to a report by Bloomberg New Energy Finance, with cooling costs making up a large portion of that cost. Miner One seeks to mitigate this expense by planning its operations in northern climates, where the ambient air temperature can provide the necessary cooling for the majority of the year, according to the company’s statement. Meanwhile, the cost of renewable energy is expected to fall below that of fossil fuels by the year 2020. Miner One seeks to capitalize on this trend, already pioneered by groups like Envion and Nasty Mining. Leveraging renewable energy close to the source will make cryptocurrency mining more eco-friendly and is a vision is supported by a growing number of people in the mining community, stated Miner One.
“Energy-intensive bitcoin mining, if not done responsibly, has a major impact on the environment,” states Miner One, in its press release. “To solve complex cryptography problems with many miners participating, immense amounts of computational power and, therefore, electricity are being utilized. Research shows that the energy spent on mining bitcoin in 2017 has surpassed the average electricity consumed annually by 159 nations, jumping almost eight-fold in the past year, often at increasing rates. Unfortunately, much of that electricity comes from fossil fuels, known to affect climate change. But if done right, both the carbon footprint and price of energy can be mitigated. The solution is tapping into the benefits of renewable energy.”
To learn more about Miner One, visit http://www.minerone.io/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018