Vancouver-based investor, Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. (BLOC) announced on Friday that it has finalized the acquisition of Manitoba-based Coinstream Mining Corp. The terms of agreement mean that Global Blockchain acquires Cointstream’s cryptocurrency mining facilities in Manitoba and Mozambique, as well as a 25 percent interest in Distributed Mining Inc., a company creating multi-device software for mining cryptocurrency.
BLOC stated that the software will be downloadable via Distributed Mining’s website or its partner sites. It enables all connected devices, including mobile phones and gaming consoles, to activate mining operations. This will allow anyone with a connected device to download and install a software packet, giving the user access to optimized cryptocurrency mining, according to the announcement.
“The distributed mining platform will be able to optimize for variable mining requirements, and its design is particularly well suited for gaming consoles, of which there are over 100 million currently connected units,” stated BLOC. “Gaming consoles contain stronger processing power than that found in typical laptop/desktop computers, making them the perfect environment to deploy the distributed mining platform as individuals are able to put their resting consoles to work, earning them valuable cryptocurrency tokens.”
The company, which is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange with its common shares trading under the ticker symbol “BLOC”, also stated on Friday that it has closed a private placement of 9,090,909 units for a gross proceeds of USD 5 million.
“The net proceeds of the private placement will be used towards investment in or incubation and creation of new blockchains in partnership with leading brands and industry participants whose principal areas of business truly merit and benefit from decentralization and the blockchain,” BLOC stated. “In addition, the Company will evaluate new projects and possible acquisition(s) of other target Companies and general working capital.”
For more information, please visit the company’s website: www.globalblockchain.io.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018