Co-founded by Halsey Minor along with a cast of high-profile, internet and video industry veterans, Blockchain-based video processing and distribution platform, VideoCoin announced, on Tuesday, that it’s just 30 percent shy of its USD 50 million private, presale hard cap and will now close its token sale ahead of schedule without public participation.
VideoCoin, the self-styled Airbnb of video, encompassing decentralized, low-cost encoding, storage and content distribution, said it had passed USD 35 million in funding, with backing from the co-founders of content delivery network and cloud services provider, Akamai (Randall Kaplan) and Ethereum (Anthony Diiorio), as well as a large number of high-profile US crypto-funds.
Other early stage investors include funds Binary Financial, Alphabit, Arcadia Crypto and BaseTwo Capital.
“We are thankful to be in this position as we have been selective in our targeted funds. My team has been heavily vetted and in turn, we’ve earned the trust and contributions of these global business leaders,” stated VideoCoin figurehead, Halsey Minor, CEO of Live Planet, a strategic technology partner and an investor in the VideoCoin Network. “It validates our long term vision and lays the necessary foundation for our global platform to be the Airbnb or Uber of video. With these key global partners in place, we can now focus on our passionate community of users and followers.”
Minor is known for founding and leading a number of highly successful technology companies, including CNET Networks, Google Voice, OpenDNS and Salesforce.
Quoted in the press release, Jon Teo of Binary Financial, who was a seed investor in Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram, said: “We pride ourselves on picking early winners. Frankly speaking, many projects have tried to tackle this massive endeavor over the years, and these guys are the only ones who have solved it.
With the early closure of its private token sale, VideoCoin said in the statement that it will now focus on strategic partnerships and a product roadmap, in order to grow the VideoCoin Network global community.
Website Link: https://videocoin.io/
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018